BASC Isle of Arran Scheme

Lukesterz

Hi, has anyone any experience in recent years of the BASC Isle of Aaran scheme? Thinking of booking a hind week.

Thanks,
Lukesterz

A brilliant scheme. It's not easy ground to stalk but very rewarding. It's best to partner up with a friend but BASC will partner you with someone if you go on your own. I've been going up with a good group of friends so we rent a large house and have a right good crack.
Id say the first time you go up its more of a reconaconce trip as it takes a while to get use to your beat and if you get a deer or two Thats a bonus. Bob the FC ranger will do all he can to assist you on telling you where best to look.
its an advantage when you go back the next year as its BASC policy to try put you back on the same beat if possible so you can hit the ground running and maximise hitting the cull figures.

Heres some pics to wet your appetite

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 100
Thanks for the reply and pics! Will give you a call sometime also.

Got booked onto the scheme yesterday, 3 of us heading over for Hind week 2!

Stalking aside, it's an awesome place. Even if you don't get a shot off, if your a fan of the outdoors you will love it.

I am going to be there on the last week of the stags, I have a few months to get a bit fitter...

Back