Thread: New Toys coming.

New Toys coming.

I got an e-mail from my kid brother who is a jeweler and coin dealer. He said that he had some firearms that came through and he wondered if I wanted them. The first two aren't too special: A Lyman Great Plains Rifle (muzzle loader) in 54 caliber. The next is a Marlin single shot bolt action boys rifle in .22 LR.

The next three are worth the price of admission. The first if a Model 1897 Winchester 12 ga pump shotgun. The second, a Model 14 Remington pump rifle in 32 Remington. The last (sweet mercy) is a 1895 Winchester lever action in 30-40 Krag. Or "30 US Army" as it was once known. The price is more than reasonable and I'll be shipping them back to Montana next month.

Can't wait.~Muir

You just love to wind us up don't you! JC

Remember I know where you will be "keeping" them .

I want the shotgun, a bag full of shells and access to Ray's place, you cook

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

JAYB: Done. It's yours. Come on over.~Muir

And according to the Brother Dear, the deal is done and the guns are at his house. I'll have that one shipped out in July, John. Better pack your bags for a September pheasant hunt! ~Muir

September are you mad??

I have my cousins Ruby wedding thrash to attend to, then there is the small matter of a site member getting married and lets not forget the rut! September indeed it's a very busy time, and that is without including the invitation to the Mexico wedding , but you have that one covered

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

I forget that you are such a busy man.~Muir

I'd love to get hold of a Winchester 1895 in 303. It's one of my holy grails. Another is sufficient cash to buy one!
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

I'd be all over that! I had a Russian Contract "Musket" 1895 once but the bore was so rusted as to make it unshootable so I traded it off. For me, the 30-40 is about as close as i get to perfection on a 1895... unless it was, perhaps, a 303! I'm hoping the bore on this one is good. The stock was refinished and "dandied up" so I'm thinking the guy wouldn't put that much effort into it is the bore was bad. My brother (who is not a gunner) just noted that the hole went from one end to the other and he could see daylight through it. I will hunt deer with it this fall if it's shootable! ~Muir