Targets

I cut mine from vinyl on my plotter, about a 3 inch target style disc . I will make you some If you want

just google free to print targets,,,,,,,:thumb:theres loads of pdf,s download and your free to print,

003_zpskg3nfhrj.jpg
001_zpsagjztfdq.jpg

Tim.243

Have always, well nearly always, bought proper targets. Tried printing some on A4 copy paper but unlike proper targets the holes always blow. Proper tarets are printed on special paper or card that leaves a cleaner hole for marking and measuring. Targets are really not that expensive ................................. or are they?

Have always, well nearly always, bought proper targets. Tried printing some on A4 copy paper but unlike proper targets the holes always blow. Proper tarets are printed on special paper or card that leaves a cleaner hole for marking and measuring. Targets are really not that expensive ................................. or are they?

Try printing on writing paper rather than copy paper?

110-120g/m[SUP]2[/SUP] is fine.

Copy paper works well if it is backed by being stapled to a cardboard box...doesn't like a damp atmosphere though

When I have wanted to leave a target out and shoot it over consecutive days I have laminated it, that holds up well.

Alan

Last edited:
Try printing on writing paper rather than copy paper?

110-120g/m[SUP]2[/SUP] is fine.

Copy paper works well if it is backed by being stapled to a cardboard box...doesn't like a damp atmosphere though

When I have wanted to leave a target out and shoot it over consecutive days I have laminated it, that holds up well.

Alan

I solved my problem by buying a couple of hundred Air Rifle target cards similar to those Old BSA ones that used to come with their air rifles when new. The card material is chopped strands so it shows the holes fairly cleanly and I ahve enough to last me a few years ...................... or more. The outer ring is 125mm in diameter. The inner red ring is 76mm and the blue middle ring is 28mm with a white centre dot of 4mm. These will do all that I need for my needs.

Tried printing some on A4 copy paper but unlike proper targets the holes always blow. Proper tarets are printed on special paper or card that leaves a cleaner hole for marking and measuring

Milton ticket board is what the correct stuff is called I am told. But try getting it and you'll struggle.

Beartooth Bullets have some nice downloadable targets of various sorts.
I use them occasionally, but usually a cardboard box, piece of paper and a marker pen is all that's required.

Milton ticket board is what the correct stuff is called I am told. But try getting it and you'll struggle.

Thank you thought I was going a bit bonkers for a moment. The chopped strand comment was something I remembered from a talk about targets at the BSRC club house about scoring and marking but that was quite a time back now.

Back