Another scope question lads

Basically, more or less clicks per inch at 100yds (for example). 1/8 gives much finer adjustment and, in my opinion, primarily for target work. 1/4 is fine for non-obsessive target work :) and stalking.

Regards

Mark

Last edited:
Basically, more or less clicks per inch at 100yds (for example). 1/8 gives much finer adjustment and, in my opinion, primarily for target work. 1/4 is fine for non-obsessive target work :) and atalking.

Regards

Mark

thanks Mark that's great info

makes no difference at all unless at extended range

1/8" at 100yds could be down to wind, shooter, load difference etc etc

1/8 MOA at 1000yds is 1.3" vs 2.6" for 1/4

Basically, more or less clicks per inch at 100yds (for example). 1/8 gives much finer adjustment and, in my opinion, primarily for target work. 1/4 is fine for non-obsessive target work :) and stalking.

Regards

Mark

Yep, what Mark said. I've seen F Class target shooters at Bisley using 1/8 scopes but they're trying to hit a dinner plate at 1000x!

For stalking 1/4 would be fine and to be honest even doing fullbore target with iron sights I'm still using 1/4 sight adjustments, but then our v-bulls are bigger than the F Class folks.

Wth 1/8 you have to count an awful lot more clicks when zeroing. And remember that is is 1/8 and not 1/4 like I have done and went whoops, overshoot the mark, need to back track somewhat. Lol.

1/8 inch clicks are good for air rifle (10 meters) and .22 at 50 yards or 25 yards (meters), and very long range target matches.

Back