S&B .270 Win ammo 130-gr

Southern

I recently bought some Sellier & Bellot ammo for the .270 Win because it was so cheap, and when I opened the box in the store, was intrigued to see that it was a 130-gr RN soft point, instead of the spitzer I expected. I like RN bullets.

I expected them to be mild, but when I shot four of them from my Mannlicher Stutzen, they not only grouped well, but chronograph speed averaged 2,960 from a 20-inch barrel.

So I just thought I would ask if any of you use these? Or do you get a 130-gr spitzer loaded over there?

I had some 100gr RN for the .243
grouped identically with the 100gr Interlock SP I also used

I liked them

seemed to have a more pronounced thump on impact
maybe just in my mind!

Or do you get a 130-gr spitzer loaded over there?

Most shooters in the U.K. are totally fixated on pointy bullets (spitzers) even if they are only shooting relatively short ranges. Its much the same with flat based bullets as opposed to boat tails. They don't therefore properly appreciate round nosed or flat based bullets, consequently when round nosed bullets do rarely appear on the dealers shelves they tend to be overlooked. :stir:

This isn't a bad thing because if the price is right I would always go for flat based and/or round nosed. Come to think of it if the price is right I will shoot just about anything except moly. :evil:

Back