ammunition quantities at renewal of FAC

Once again It all comes down to good reason. If you don't punch paper you will only shoot minimal amounts of ammo at game/vermin. So they will apply this to your licence.

I have been granted 600 CF and 1100 22lr because I punch paper as well as stalk. On renewal I can easily justify my allocation and probably ask for more. I've shot 300 rounds of CF and 22lr in the last week.
A good bit of advice from my FEO was to write everything down time/date ammo used. He will then look at this record and base my allocation accordingly.
Traveling to the RFD every week to collect 100 CF and 200 22lr would be unreasonable, but once a month to collect 400 and 1000 I can't moan about.

But I have a good FEO, that can also count for a lot !!

Guys ,so here's a thought ....FAC cert item 2.
"Ammunition including expanding ammunition and expanding missiles" maximum quantity authorised to be possessed at any one time calibre metric or imperial ,quantity ,
Plain and simple for all to see.....
but you need a condition to purchase expanding ammo,
do your conditions match your item 2"Ammunition including expanding ammunition and expanding missiles" ? what's your experience when purchasing ammo from your RFD and there checking of your conditions or do they just check the max quantity ,calibre ,if that makes sense ,your thoughts, experience and comments please

As predominantly a paper puncher who shoots target rifle inboth 0.22"lr and 0.308”Win my target allocation or 12,000 rounds of .22LR and 500 .308 is not a problem to my FLO, and yes the 0.22 includes a full 12,000 rounds of expanding ammunition!! but I do have a track history of buying batches of 5,000 to 10,000 rounds of batch tested Tenex at a time and I reload for .308 for both target and stalking use, which the FLO accepts as differing needs /good reason etc.
My allocation for .243 and 6.5mm has been 250 rounds since my ticket was first issued on the FLO recommendations, it depends on the individual FLO to some extent but the Home Office guidance is a good starting point.
[SUB][/SUB]

You just have to be able to justify it - as a seller of ammo I have known customers grumble and moan because the FEO only allows them 250 rounds of .22 but over a five year period they have only bought a couple of hundred rounds a year at 100 a time - clearly they have no need for a large holding. I know other club shooters that are using 1000 a month who want to buy 5000 at a time because I will give the best price on that but the FEO has said no.

Bulk discount is specifically listed as NOT a good reason for having huge quantities granted.
However, if you're paper punching .22lr and want batch tested ammo then Ely will only sell it in multiples of 5000, which is theoretically good reason.

I've been target shooting .22 for 6 years and have 2000.

I recently got my variation for some c/f (it took nearly 6 months...)
.22WMR (exp) 500
.223 500
.308 500

Back