Clas Ohlsen Cardiff closing down sale.

paultap

Clas Ohlson Cardiff branch closing down sale.

Hi guys, I popped into the Swedish Owned Clas Ohlson hardware store in St David's centre in Cardiff today to find that it is closing down. Sadly they are closing half of their less profitable stores with the Cardiff branch being one of them. ( other stores that will also close this year are Norwich, Watford and Doncaster). Currently everything in the store gets a 40% discount deducted at the till.

I picked up a nice new (Genuine) LED LENSER TT 280 lumen torch for £24 after the discount with 6 duracell AAA batteries included in the packaging. (photos below)

It's a real shame as always find this store to be a very interesting place to visit due of the wide variety of products they sell, such as tools, mobile phone and computer accessories, fishing tackle, knives, etc etc.

If you have a store local to you it is well worth a visit.

Last edited:
I went in for some personal deodorant.

"Ball or aerosol?" they asked!

"Neither," said I, "It is for my armpits."
I think that is my favourite joke.
I was in Scandinavia recently and felt compelled to ask colleagues there questions which involved responses including the word "Aerosol". My joy was complete.

Hi guys, I popped into the Swedish Owned Clas Ohlson hardware store in St David's centre in Cardiff today to find that it is closing down. Sadly they are closing half of their less profitable stores with the Cardiff branch being one of them. ( other stores that will also close this year are Norwich, Watford and Doncaster). Currently everything in the store gets a 40% discount deducted at the till.

I picked up a nice new (Genuine) LED LENSER TT 280 lumen torch for £24 after the discount with 6 duracell AAA batteries included in the packaging. (photos below)

It's a real shame as always find this store to be a very interesting place to visit due of the wide variety of products they sell, such as tools, mobile phone and computer accessories, fishing tackle, knives, etc etc.

If you have a store local to you it is well worth a visit.
I love going in this shop when SWMBO and I are in Cardiff shopping, I can understand why it's not profitable enough, it's in the wrong location, this shop needs to be on an out of town retail park.

Back