Thread: Echo STrimmers?

Echo STrimmers?

As above, I need a new petrol strimmer. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Not got an Echo strimmer but I have an Echo lawnmower which has been trouble free. I think I got the version with the Honda engine, not sure what a stimmer engine would be.

Would I buy more Echo stuff - yes, if the price was right!

Husqvarna 545RX brushcutter/strimmer (45.7cc)

I can't rate Husqvarna highly enough, brilliant piece of kit.

Chuck one of these on it and it's pretty unstoppable.

Airecut Always razor sharp

Honda 4stroke strimmer here, against a shed full of stihl's they have always been quiet and reliable.

Back in the day when I used to do proper work I had an Echo strimmer for years, did a lot of very heavy work with it without a hitch. Quite a heavy machine so get a really good harness if you are going to use it for long periods. Again if you are going to use it a lot, I copied the experienced lads and changed the filler hole bolt on the head over to a grease nipple so I could grease it from a gun easily every day.

Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

heard good things about echo .I use stihl every day which are good but not as good as they used to be !

I had several Echo strimmers and brushcutters at one place I worked (around 2003) very impressed with them back then. I'm going to be looking for one myself soon.

Personally i like a stihl for strimmer and husqvarna for saws.
    i have not personally owned a echo but have heard great things about then.
    I have had husqvarna xp chainsaws for years and never had any issues.
    also have stihl fs70C-E strimmer it's never had a issue starts first time every time and will happily eat 4 foot weeds all day. It's slightly thirsty though.

anything Japanese like 4stroke Honda Kawasaki are great but quite pricey and not very common

slightly of topic
    i believe at a few saw competition in Canada that run husqvarna saws in the stock class moved over to echo saws to prove there was other saws that could compete.
    Last edited by SJF; 15-05-2016 at 22:34.

Depends on your intended use and of course budget. Echo are generally good. The larger machines work well with a mulching head, eats brambles!!