My first deer

groach1234

Well it was April last year and i was on a holiday to scotland with my family and i had persuaded my dad to get some stalking booked. It was with vernon from Hendry, Ramsey and Waters and we had 3 stalks and a 1 day introduction to stalking covering identifying the species and sexes and shot placement in the morning and target practice in the afternoon with a stalk in the evening.

Well the first two stalks drew a blank for me having had the cross hairs on one buck and having seen about 10 or so and my dad got one buck so for the best chances of achieving a buck i gave a high seat a go but once again it was a blank and with the light fading fast we made a last minuet move to a strip of maize cover and low and behold there was a buck and a doe 300 yards out. we stalked them into about 75 yards and the rifle was on the sticks and the shot was taken the buck ran about 10 yards and fell dead with both lungs clean out :D he was a little 4 point buck still in velvet and i was over the moon to have got a clean kill.

DSC03899.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

Georges1st-1.jpg

George

Last edited:
Back