Zeiss Conquest parallax knob loose

glogin

The parallax knob on my Conquest is a bit loose and I am guessing there must be a screw somewhere just don't know how to fix it without making a mess....
Any clues?

20160515_095237.jpg

I had a very similar issue with one and sent it to Zeiss Germany and they were very helpful in the end they upgraded me at a cost lower than the repair!

Thanks for the info, but I would rather do it myself it feels like easy fix just not sure how to get to the screw without leaving marks

Zeiss Germany took a Conquest in?
Really?

Both Zeiss Uk and Zeiss Germany wouldn't touch mine
as they are assembled in the US they don't have any parts in EU/UK

Greg,
The turrets came loose on mine too (elevation!)
I also fixed mine, been fine ever since

The parallax turret screw is under the black plastic centre of the turret
you may have to sacrifice it and replace with a generic non branded bit of sticky plastic if it won't come off without marking
you should be able to get a very fine scalpel blade under the edge and peel it back without too much damage

Hi Ed, windage and elevation are easy to deal with and the screw is right there, but parallax knob is a bit different. Do you know if the screw is just under the logo or the whole circular cap has to be removed and is it glued in.

Hi Ed, windage and elevation are easy to deal with and the screw is right there, but parallax knob is a bit different. Do you know if the screw is just under the logo or the whole circular cap has to be removed and is it glued in.

as far as I can see on mine the whole cap
the logo is stuck on the cap
the cap is stuck on the turret

peeling back with fine blade is your only option by the looks of it

Zeiss Germany took a Conquest in?
Really?

Both Zeiss Uk and Zeiss Germany wouldn't touch mine
as they are assembled in the US they don't have any parts in EU/UK

Yes I had the same issues to start with. I emailed Zeiss in the US and filled out the return paper work putting England in all the address boxes. got no problem but we will only deal with a US postal address. Then I got an email from Ziess Germany please send the scope to us I did having sent several emails explaining it was a US import, no problem. My 4.5-14x44 parallax had spat it's dummy out.

I have just bought a HD5, and have noticed that the warranty only refers to US and Canada . But the scope Is made In Germany.

I have just bought a HD5, and have noticed that the warranty only refers to US and Canada . But the scope Is made In Germany.

Me too; they were really designed for the US market, where they still seem to prefer 1" tubes. Not sure why, but they are now for sale over here too; they were initially only available in the US.

Any at £700 a throw I think they're good value. I got mine from Optics Warehouse (Shaun; great guy); I believe SGC and Uttings are now selling them too.

Me too; they were really designed for the US market, where they still seem to prefer 1" tubes. Not sure why, but they are now for sale over here too; they were initially only available in the US.

Any at £700 a throw I think they're good value. I got mine from Optics Warehouse (Shaun; great guy); I believe SGC and Uttings are now selling them too.

Absolutely, I'm just wondering about the warranty.

Just for reference if anyone has the same problem, the cap is glued in so it helps to warm it up a bit with hair dryer. The knob is held in place by two small screws and the nut underneath (black thingy on the second picture) got a bit loose and needed tightened.

20160518_2116351-e1463627600213.jpg

20160518_2128282-e1463627667390.jpg

As for Zeiss US warranty, I returned one of my scopes for service to the US and it was not a hassle and all took maybe 3 weeks including shipping. Zeiss US wont accept direct returns to them, you need to send it back to the shop you got it from, and they deal with Zeiss themselves. Apart from warranty repair I lost some screws holding turrets in place and they sent them FOC, so can only say they are good people to deal with.

Registered my scope, with zeiss uk today. And got confirmation email sent back to me.

Back