Current RFD firearm transfer costs

I bought a Beretta O/U from SGC a few months back and I think that worked out at a tenner for the carriage and about £25 for the RFD, so ~£35 all in.

Thanks stubear - I think I was confusicating myself with the problems with shipping ammo about.

Just contacted the sending RFD and it seems there is no major hassle with posting firearms.

Jim

It depends on your RFD. I only have experience of receiving firearms bought on the mainland, and transferred to Northern Ireland. On the first occasion, the RFD that received it charged £30, but on the second occasion, RFD I now use, received it free of charge. The postage costs for both were similar though.

It depends on your RFD. I only have experience of receiving firearms bought on the mainland, and transferred to Northern Ireland. On the first occasion, the RFD that received it charged £30, but on the second occasion, RFD I now use, received it free of charge. The postage costs for both were similar though.
Which rfd is that ?
Rfd closest to me charges £50 just to accept it and put it through his books

Just had the cost for an Over limit air rifle from Kent to Staffs of £45 plus RFD this end, bit of a hassle concerning paperwork the other end so took a day out instead.

Recently did two out one in 25 each,seems a little steep as they allready told me its 12quid and then packaging,,ie 13 quid for cardboard,ALSO THE COURIER WOULDN,T TAKE A RIFLE BECAUSE RULES HAD CHANGED THEN TOLD RFD WRAP IT SECURELY IE BOX IT UP AND HE WOULD THEN TAKE IT AS A NORMAL PACKAGE!,:doh:

Which rfd is that ?
Rfd closest to me charges £50 just to accept it and put it through his books
This. Last 3 guns I had sent over were £50 each for the RFD this end (NI) to receive them and put them on my cert.
I think it would be the exception for an rfd here to do it for free. Why would he? He has to communicate with the sending rfd, inspect the gun when it arrives, put it through his books and put it onto the receiving cert.

By me there cheapest is £40 but I have drive 40 miles to get there. All the others are £60-70 and one is £85 plus they want you to pack it so all they have do is send it

Back