Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lyman gen 6 thoughts

Lyman gen 6 thoughts

Does anyone have any experience of using one of these, good or bad opinions appreciated please. I know not everyone is a fan of electronic measures over mechanical throwers. I use imr 4831, 4064, rl19 and will be loading for a .223 soon. Thanks in advance.

Do it get one
    Got mine and consistently accurate as advertised to 0.1grn .
    & it's cheaper than the rcbs charge master but as efficient
    Mates have the charge master I have lyman gen6 & no regrets

Thanks Paul, most of what I've read seems positive. I can't justify rcbs money so the gen 6 would be my choice.

I'm really apprehensive about electronic scales. I spent a year thinking my rifle wouldn't shoot. But it turned out to be my scales.

I know things should have been checked etc. So it's entirely my dumb fault.

But from reading reviews of this product I may look into one further.

Quote Originally Posted by labrador77 View Post
    Thanks Paul, most of what I've read seems positive. I can't justify rcbs money so the gen 6 would be my choice.
    I was exactly the same , I'd heard varied reports regarding earlier generations but all good regarding this one .

Usually precautions , have it on a really solid surface no drafts etc ... Heard of folk loading a round & it's on the same table : bench as the press & doing a load when bench getting thumped by press etc ... I have mine just to side but seperate surface ... Been really good

Got mine from 1967spud ... But I did hear he was waiting on a batch , worth a shout great lad to deal with

With regards to "trusting " the scales you could always keep a beam set handy & double check every 5th 10th whatever for peace of mind

I've had a Gen 6 for the last 2 years. It's well designed and easy to clean out after use and I'm happy with it generally. I wish the touchpad screen was slightly less fiddly. It meters N135, N140 and Reloder 10X well, H4895 less so. With H4895 it tends to over-dispense.

Got one meters all types of powders I've used, Ramshot Magnum, H4895, Lilgun.

wouldnt be without one.

Looks like the debit cards coming out of hibernation at the end of the month! Thanks for all your comments. I'll give Spud a shout. Atb.

When I was looking for a Gen 6 , the cheapest supplier I found was CDSG. They are very responsive & call back when they say they will & also have quick ways of getting hold of what stock they don't carry. (e.g. - Next day on Lyman stuff).

p.s. Lyman are great for spares - I needed to get some seals for one so I just emailed them in the USA & they put them in the post FOC.
    Last edited by Yorric; 21-05-2016 at 15:42.