View Poll Results: Have You Got or Do You Have a Secret Shooting Slush Fund??

32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 62.50%
  • No

12 37.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Secret Shooting Slush Fund

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Nairn, Inverness-shire

Secret Shooting Slush Fund

Come on then, who has one!!??

My wife doesn't come onto the site, so it's fairly safe to admit to having one!

Thats what the ammo compartment of the gun cabinet is for is it not?? I must admit mine has dwindeld to nothing recently I will need to get it restocked so I can have a remington 700 LTR and a Schmdt PM2 or similar. The good thing is as far as the wife is concerned all guns look the same not that she ever sees them any way!!

I have to admit Im with devilishdave, anything I can get together is in the ammo safe.
    Levels never seem to build like they used to mainly due to kids etc but thats life.

I sell all the rabbits I shoot and that goes towards various sporting goodies throughout the year.Anything else goes in the safe.

I count myself lucky, very lucky. My wife shoots, so she has an understanding of this terrible addiction we all have. All the time she can clay shoot, I can stalk, God's in his heaven

I will hold my hand up to having one.
    At the moment every spare pound is converted to dollars ready for my fly fishing trip to the states.
    Luckily the game dealer i use has started paying me in cash,even better!
    Or perhap he could pay me in dollars?
    I have to agree with devilishdave, my wife doesn't ever know what guns i have,therefore the next saving will be for a .308 and i will sneek it into the gun cabinet.

slush fund

It seems to me that most of these slush funds are installed to prevent matrimonial conflict I have had a couple(wives not slush funds) and never had a slush fund,could no slush fund equal no wives? I will never know!
    I now have a slush fund, but no partner, the only problem is, I know where I hide the money

The problem with 2 of us in the house that stalk is double the expence anyway, there are certain things we share but l do draw the line sometimes the cami thong is defiantly hers to ware l personally do not have a slush fund, not sure about the O/H, but she does have more and better stalking clothes than me