Thread: First Roe Kid sighting of the season!

First Roe Kid sighting of the season!

For guided stalking opportunities here in Devon and Dorset including Red, Sika, Fallow and Roe deer + deer related training including skinning, butchery and trophy preparation. All abilities welcome.
    Email your enquirers to
    Facebook users are encouraged to join our local community page "Devon Stalking".

last Wednesday evening I was sat in a high seat when a roe doe slowly made her way past and disappeared into the undergrowth about 30mts away . about 5-10 mins later I saw her making her way back towards me when she was about 10mts away from me I could see she had a kid with her not much bigger than a newbourn lamb she stopped and the kid started suckling from the doe about 8mts from me amazing.

SD Regular
    Noth Yorkshire(ish)....Other places in Scotland depending Which deer i'm after!
    I stood and watched a doe with twins for at least half an hour one evening last week... the doe was happily browsing away whilst the two kids ran about like a pair of lambs. They were the size of lambs themselves and u noted that one was very marginally smaller than the other.
    I went away from the stalk empty in hand but gifted in heart... with a big smile as an added bonus.