Hi one and all.
I am new to this forum having only just found it via another shooting forum.
I live just south west of Reading in fact I am half way between Reading and Basingstoke. I have been involved in shooting for over 35years.
I have enjoyed stalking for many of those years and regularly stalk Muntjac, Roe, Fallow and when I am lucky monster Suffolk Red. I have both Level 1 and 2 DMVQ.
My first rifle was a Parker Hale M81 Classic in .308. I have owned and used a lot of different calibres including .22rf, .243, 6.5x55, 7x57 (a Rigby), .30-06 Heym and now Sako, .303 Lee Speed by Westley Richards, .300 Holland Magnum and .375 Holland Magnum both English hand built and both on open ticket, and a 458 Win mag plus an SMLE and a No4mk1/2 to shoot at Bisley.
I hand loaded for them all with the exception of the .22rf. Now still as keen as ever on my rifles but after years of experimenting I have the following:- .243 Tikka T3 Lite with silencer, 6.5x55 Tikka T3 Lite and a .30-06 Sako each carry a Schmidt and Bender 6x42 scope. If I could only have one rifle to stalk deer with in this country it would most certainly be the superb 6.5x55 Swedish.
Best wishes