Thread: Sig Sauer scopes.

Sig Sauer scopes.

Looking for a scope for a .223 which I will use on Roe and fox, anyone tried a Sig Sauer Whiskey 3, well priced but are they any good? The 4-12x40 version looks good.

Didn't know Sig made scopes,might be ok,but I'd always buy tried and tested optics,buy second hand and spend as much as you can afford on a scope that fulfills your needs.

Looks like one of the scopes manufactured on the Pacific rim and badged up for Sig Sauer which isn't uncommon. Both Tikka and Browning have done this in the past. If you study it carefully you will probably be able to identify other similar scopes being sold under another banner.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Tikka is owned by Beretta, which owns Sako and Burris now, too. So Beretta sells package deals, and add-ons, and Burris rings and scopes. Most Burris scopes are made in the plant in the Philipines, whereas the older ones were made in Colorado. Some of the older Browning scopes were made in the USA by Swift, which uses Schott glass.

Update: I talked with a friend who runs a large gun store, dealers for Leupold, Zeiss, Swarovski, Meopta, Minox, Nightforce and Bushnell, mostly stocking the higher end of all of those. They are a SIG Sauer dealer, and have rifles but none of the scopes, yet. He said the Tac6 line is made by Light Optical Works in Japan, and the Tac4 made in the Philipines. Design is in the USA by a former designer for Leupold upper end tactical scopes. That is what he was told at the SHOT Show.
    Last edited by Southern; 25-05-2016 at 06:12.

Southern that would tie in with my guess about the scope possibly being of Japanese origin considering the style and price of the scope. The old Hakko brand also figured in my reasoning.

If it is something similar I wouldn't think that it would be too bad for the money but obviously not of the quality of some of the higher brand European scopes. You are not going to get a Swaro for that sort of money butI can't see Sig Sauer allowing their name to be associated with utter rubbish either.
    Last edited by 8x57; 25-05-2016 at 07:38.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Both these factories produce some scopes for Vortex, like the PST. What goes on in Oriental sourcing is difficult to trace, but some of these overseas factories are owned and run by US businesses, like Burris. As several have posted on here, even Tasco marketed some high end scopes made by Hakko to their designs. Nikon has some ED binoculars in the $2,000+ range which are as good as anything, made in these factories.