Thread: Aimpoint - micro h2 or h34l?

Aimpoint - micro h2 or h34l?

Putting one of the above on a driven rifle but can't seem to find the pros and cons of one over the other. Anyone got experience with either, or even better both? What would you recommend?

Both are good but am biased as I have shot the 34l - it's the one I would (will) go for when surplus funds permit - good clear optics and sharp dot - I've seen people struggle with Eotech's but the Aimpoint is made for close driven if you don't want to spend 1.5-6 Swaro money. My only wish would be to have intuitive dot brightness but with a dozen light settings they're easy to tweak to conditions.

Dauntsey Guns have both in stock so go and have a look - quite a few lads who travel abroad on these hints regularly swear by them
    Last edited by Hereford; 25-05-2016 at 20:31.
    For Gods sake - don't tell her how much I've spent

No experience of either, but have been thinking about the h2, I can't really see what the h34 offers apart from more weight probably more height, I like the way the h2 is compact , in my eyes if you go for the h34 you may aswell go for something like a z6i or similar and have the benefit of having extra mag if needed up a highseat or something. Just my view. What rifle are you putting it on?

It's going on top of a Steyr CLii in 30-06. Couldn't warrant putting the expense of a Swaro on something that's my first driven gun. If I enjoy it as much as I think I will then I can consider it.

My understanding is that the only difference is cosmetic - internally, technically, they are the same.
    The 'Hunter' series is made to look less tactical and more like a traditional scope. See the two pictures, with an Aimpoint Hunter S34 on a Steyr Scout .308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fox red dot.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	569.8 KB 
ID:	70541Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roe doe red dot.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	300.3 KB 
ID:	70542
    A few wisdom's:
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men
    • If you can get closer, get closer.
    • If you can get more stable, get more stable.