Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloody magpies

Bloody magpies

Bassenthwaite osprey chicks killed by magpies - BBC News

Bloody magpies let's hope last one makes it.

had three shots on a pair in my garden over the last few days before I realised the scope had given up the ghost!!

4th time I wont miss!

cant stand them, had to stand by idly watching them hounding a thrush fledgling until they finally caught and ate it

B***ards killed all the Blackbird and Thrush Chicks that were in nests in my Garden. The Parent Birds always put up a brave fight but only so much they can do. I would love to thin the gits out a bit but my Garden is not well suited to pest control.

Should a human do such a thing as interfere with an osprey nest there'd be hell to pay. Shouldn't wonder if someone was actually watching this happen. What would be the issue with a little bit of selective magpie control there? I expect it would be the end of the world as they know it.

That's a real shame, magpies cleaned out my garden collared dove, blackbirds, thrush and greenfinch. Three years on the trot.

with the help of a ladder trap and a very accurate air rifle, no further problem, in fact haven't Seen one in three weeks

should have national magpie reductions days to protect our small birds, they've got out of hand, they are exceptional birds but out of all the corvids definitely the worst ones, probably take more chicks than a domestic cat

Trouble we have is cats.. .. was woken up last night with a blackbird going crazy. Upon looking out the window a damn cat was trying it's best to get into a nest my Son and I have been watching in our holly tree.
    A mitre delta thrown at the bastward out the top window had it running but undoubtedly it will be back.
    Last edited by Cadex; 28-05-2016 at 06:59.

same here pestered too death blue tits/wrens/blackbirds/house sparrows,built a larsen,

And interfering townies still think it's a good idea to release callbirds from Larsen traps.

Major problem here now, front garden the haunt of 4 cats, a couple of caring neighbours feeding coarse food of some description so now an ever changing wary flock of up to 30 Rooks, Magpies, Crows and Jackdaws. Sometimes up to 50 in winter.

If you can't shoot them, a green dot laser light moves them off very smartly indeed. About 25 quid from China..Amazon. Arrived in a few days. If practical, I shoot maggies on sight! When I can't, the laser works a treat.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!