Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality binoculars

Quality binoculars

I want to upgrade my binoculars to a better make. I thought of Swarovski, zeiss or Leica . Any other recommendations re make and type. Thinking of 8 X 32 or 42. I have a friend in the USA at the moment. Is there an American make of the same quality.

Depends on your budget and how your eyes suit the different brands, for me the best I have used are Swarovski 8.5x42 el's , however if budget is more limited I would have a good look at Minox 8x42 , they offer very good performance at a cheap price point.

I have the vortex viper 8x42 hd,s cant fault them ,

+1 for Minox. Great value for money.

If you can afford a pair of Swarovski,buy them. Fantastic glass and top after sales service.

I am using Zeiss Victory RF 10X56, really pleased with them, except a little chunky, but performance is very good even in low light. Rangefingder works very well.

Love my Leica Trinovid,s 8x42 ,best glass ive ever owned ,of course other brands are available
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

vortex and minos are very good for a fraction of the price

You're correct,Nick,but it depends on whether you want very good or exceptional and whether you're willing to pay the extra for that.

I have found that the cheaper binos have a very flat field of view (if that is the correct term?) Basically, they need a lot of focussing that the more expensive models don't. The glass is very good though!