I've put this in Jokes & Funnies until any of the following can be substantiated...
1. Police were called to a fracas at BASC over the weekend. Richard Ali (CEO) and Alan Jarrett (Chairman) are no longer part of the organisation.
2. Tweed Media involvement confirmed as untrue, so deleted.
3. Boris Johnson is in fact an alien, and wants to force Wiff Waff on the world as the only permissible sport.
4. ALL members of the Bullingdon Club are aliens, and via the Tory Party are trying to take over the EU - Angela Merkel is the only non-female member in history.
5. BASC is a shooting organisation designed to act in the best interests of its 120,000 members.
6. CA is the same, but only has 100,000 members.
7. FACE is a European organisation made up of 28 EU national hunting organisations, and another 8 from outside the EU.
8. Head shooting at 1000yds with 55gr A-Max is only acceptable if you have a BMH that can trace its own lineage back to 1156 (AD, not 4 mins to 12:00) when Duke Henry the Lion threw the cat amongst the pigeons by focusing on his northern duchy of Saxony, rather then his southern duchy of Bavaria.
Rumour and conjecture for now, but 3 & 4 are pretty solid in my opinion...
[Ed: Farticus has been removed from the premises and will no longer be writing the "I made it all up" pages in future]
UPDATE: David Ilsley, head of BASC Marketing & Membership Services: "There are issues relating to staffing at BASC and to protect peoples rights we re unable to say any more at this time. Uninformed speculation risks damaging shooting. BASC will make a further statement once proper process has been followed and completed. David"