Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspended gralloch

Suspended gralloch

Thought some of you might be interested in my method of suspended gralloch.

I clip a stainless karabiner attached to my gambrel into the Range Rover upper tailgate latch then lifting the tailgate wedge in a shaped piece of 2x2 timber to keep the tailgate open. Then it's a simple process to open up the beast suspended from the gambrel, much easier & hygienic than when itís lying on the ground.

Life should be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving skidding in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Just taking the oppertunity to show off the chelsea tractor ???

Only kidding - that's a bloody good idea!

nice neat gralloch. ive got a karabina somewhere, just need to dig it out and buy a range rover.

the neatness of this just shamed me into having a wee clear out of my truck. 4 coffee cups with the obligatory mould one with an orange peel stuck (welded)onto the bottom a hack saw, hammer wire strippers 15 empty diet coke cans 3 mcdonalds drinks cups 2 norgies a pair of trainers a bottle of meths lots of empty 17hnr cartriges and ......a maracca.

what an embarrasment

Sorry but the Bucks we get would bust that tail gate and the effect of sawing and cutting through the brisket would have that dodgy bit of two by two out of there and your beast lieing in a heap on the mud.Quick graloch and away clean up at home.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Bloomin 'eck Chris, that's a good idea.

I'll have to try that with the Jeep.

O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Currently I have been using a pulley which I place on a tree but this is a much better idea, top tip thank you.

You're not alone in the use it and abuse it category when it comes to the 4x4. I cleared mine out yesterday for the first time since the beginning of the 2009/10 pheasant season.
    Apart from the box and a half of assorted shotgun cartridges in the various nooks and crannies, there was dozen clays and a hand thrower, one sandwich box plus content that had turned to green mould, ferretting spade and secateurs, 1 wellie size 10, I wear size 9's as don't know who that one belongs to,3 insulated coffee mugs, only one lid though, dog training dummys and dummy launcher, half a tin of .22 long blanks for dummy launcher, mostly in the front passenger door slot, I wondered why there was a rattle, 30 assorted c/f cases, 2 fox calling tapes and a walkman with no batteries, my mates game bag that he forgot to take home after cock day. 2 beaters flags, 1 fallow antler and enough dog hair and feathers and baler string to fill a black bin bag.

similar method to how i like to gralloch roe but i use "s hooks" and suspend it from a tree branch

Last edited by bairn79; 13-06-2010 at 12:52.

Great idea Chris - all I have to do now is chop in existing truck with side opening door for an up & over!