Suspended gralloch

Chris Rob

Thought some of you might be interested in my method of suspended gralloch.

I clip a stainless karabiner attached to my gambrel into the Range Rover upper tailgate latch then lifting the tailgate wedge in a shaped piece of 2x2 timber to keep the tailgate open. Then it's a simple process to open up the beast suspended from the gambrel, much easier & hygienic than when it’s lying on the ground.

Cheers

Chris
[FONT=&quot]

DSCN2531-1.jpg

DSCN2532-1.jpg

[/FONT]

Just taking the oppertunity to show off the chelsea tractor ??? :lol:

Only kidding - that's a bloody good idea!

the neatness of this just shamed me into having a wee clear out of my truck. 4 coffee cups with the obligatory mould one with an orange peel stuck (welded)onto the bottom a hack saw, hammer wire strippers 15 empty diet coke cans 3 mcdonalds drinks cups 2 norgies a pair of trainers a bottle of meths lots of empty 17hnr cartriges and ......a maracca.

what an embarrasment

Sorry but the Bucks we get would bust that tail gate and the effect of sawing and cutting through the brisket would have that dodgy bit of two by two out of there and your beast lieing in a heap on the mud.Quick graloch and away clean up at home.

Currently I have been using a pulley which I place on a tree but this is a much better idea, top tip thank you.

Pete

You're not alone in the use it and abuse it category when it comes to the 4x4. I cleared mine out yesterday for the first time since the beginning of the 2009/10 pheasant season.
Apart from the box and a half of assorted shotgun cartridges in the various nooks and crannies, there was dozen clays and a hand thrower, one sandwich box plus content that had turned to green mould, ferretting spade and secateurs, 1 wellie size 10, I wear size 9's as don't know who that one belongs to,3 insulated coffee mugs, only one lid though, dog training dummys and dummy launcher, half a tin of .22 long blanks for dummy launcher, mostly in the front passenger door slot, I wondered why there was a rattle, 30 assorted c/f cases, 2 fox calling tapes and a walkman with no batteries, my mates game bag that he forgot to take home after cock day. 2 beaters flags, 1 fallow antler and enough dog hair and feathers and baler string to fill a black bin bag.

similar method to how i like to gralloch roe but i use "s hooks" and suspend it from a tree branch

090420101191.jpg

Last edited:
kinda like that scene from National Lampoons when Chevy Chase forgets that he's tied his pet dog to the bumper of the station wagon!

Last edited:
I use the same method. I keep a couple of S hooks in my roe sack.
Suspended Grallochs are far better than on the floor.

Good god just graloch and have done stop trying to make it hard you lot make me **** my pants at times.:cry:

God Choc, but i do believe you age more and get more grumpy with every comment!

Some folks like to 'tinker' - stop being an old grouch :lol:

Back