Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A days stalking

A days stalking

I have been very fortunate in winning Basil's draw for a days stalking
    However, this presents me with a problem, just what should I do?
    Ive shot Roe, Red, Sika and Fallow but never a Chinese water deer or a muntjac.
    Muntjac seem to be spreading their territory at a rapid rate so there's a good chance I'll bump into one sometime in the future on one of my permissions but Chinese water deer?
    Obviously I'm looking to have as much as possible go to charity out of the 'winnings' and appreciate that many Chinese water deer seem to be medal glass animals. I'm not bothered about medals ( OK deep down I'd love a decent one to have mounted as I'm unlikely to get the opportunity again).
    So, can anyone put me on to a Chinese water deer that is well within the 470 winnings so as to leave a substantial amount of this money still available to give to charity? Cake and eat it springs to mind but here's hoping...

Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

No comment, other than to say that, knowing how generous you've been re: donating sticks for SD prize draws etc over the years, you're a worthy winner and I hope you enjoy yourself!

Well done on winning the draw, I missed that one.
    Sikamalc may have an idea as he has plenty of areas with CWD . Who ever you end up going out with best of luck

Tony please PM me I have a cunning plan me lord.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

If you end up in norfolk for your CWD, you will be very welcome to come out with me and try for a munty. I can be flexible on dates, I'm not a professional stalker and wouldn't be looking for a fee.

Congratulations Tony... fingers crossed you'll have a day to remember..

Malc and Jono
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

Cheers gentlemen,

the plan....
    stalk with Malc for a cwd.
    Malc has very generously offered his guiding services foc so the money can all go to charity.
    Malc is happy to see the money go to....

Zoes Place

at alder hey children's hospital in Liverpool.
    They offer a place where parents with desperately sick children can be together for whatever time they have left.

Once again many thanks to Basil for organising this and allowing a significant donation to Zoes place and the chance for me to achieve a stalking ambition.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Well done to all involved.

Brilliant - both of you!
    Have a great day.
    I can resist everything, except temptation.

good craic lads good luck