votex and minox

drummerboy

Hi Guys, thinking of puting a variable scope on my .308, ive just been looking at macloeds of tain website and seen good deals on vortex and minox scope, any member have any views about these?
Regards Neil

I have a Minox 3-9x40 on a .308 and it is very sharp and bright, about the same as my Zeiss Conquest.

I have a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40. It is very light weight, and I like the ballistic reticle and the horizontal ranging tabs. It was a bargain, too. The knobs are very crisp, track well, and readable in dim light, and resettable to zero. Warranty is like Leupold: lifetime, and transfers with the scope to the next owner. When you move up to the Viper and the PST, you are into larger, heavier and more money.

no experience of their scopes but have Vortex binos and they are excellent glass, and as posted above have a lifetime warranty.

I have a Vortex Viper PST on my 22-250 ,,, one word " unreal" ,,, the clarity , accuracy of turrets and ease of use with parallax adjustment best I've used thus far .

I have the Vortex Diamondback binos and although I personally find the eye relief a little fussy they're brilliant quality and great in low light. I've also got two Viper PST scopes and they're very good. Dial in and return to zero every time, good glass and a couple of really good reticles to choose from.

I have a Vortex HS LR 4-16 50 scope and the glass is excelent. The field of view is not as generous as my 2.5-15 56 Swaro Z6i so having been used to that it does feel a little like looking down a drain pipe but had I not owned the Z6 I am sure i wouldent have noticed

In terms of performance? cant see any advantage with the Z6 over the Vortex in terms of general usage or low light. The colour dot and tactile BTs on the Z6i are much better but then I think they are much better than just about every other scope I have looked at. Again if you can adjust your BT without the need for glases you won't notice. I only love the Z6i because its easy to use half blind :D

ATB

Hi Guys, thinking of puting a variable scope on my .308, ive just been looking at macloeds of tain website and seen good deals on vortex and minox scope, any member have any views about these?
Regards Neil
if it's a Minox you want PLEASE don't buy one from the ZA range. They are pants. Had 3 sent them all back for various faults. I will say the after sales service is very good. Shame I had to send 2 of the 3 back again. I've just got the 1 3-15x56 ZE and it's very good.

Back