Range finding binos

The simple answer is no. The top 3 are Leica, Swarovski and Zeiss which are all fairly comparable and similarly priced and will cost you the best part of £2k!!
Bushnell and Steiner do them much cheaper, but it is pointless trying to range find something that you can't actually see at low light!;)
Best save your pennies towards a good set.
MS

Bobby,

I agree with MS, save up and buy as mentioned above you won't regret it.
I have the Swarovski range 8x42's and in my opinion are a brilliant piece of kit, but go and try before you buy as its a lot of money to shell out.

ATB 243 Stalker

Can get set of leica geovids 8x42 for £895 what you think, would they be good for last light.

arnt meopta bringing out a set of range finding binos in the near future? might be worth waiting for them to see how much they're asking!

Can get set of leica geovids 8x42 for £895 what you think, would they be good for last light.
Leica geovids were the first ones out there really. They are tried and tested and extremely good! If you can get a fully serviceable pair at that price you should snap them up.
There will be remaining warranty on the optics, but probably not on the electronics of the rangefinder. Don't tell anyone else where they are - just buy them!
MS

Sorry to hijack the post but if any of you guys were going to buy a new set of range binos from Swarovski / Zeiss / Leica which ones would it be?

I have read a few reviews online that the new Leica bino's have improved a lot

cheers

Sorry to hijack the post but if any of you guys were going to buy a new set of range binos from Swarovski / Zeiss / Leica which ones would it be?

They are all good but each one will feel different. The best thing you could do is go and have a look at each model and buy the ones that you feel the most comfortable with.

Leicas the Geovids are a steal buy them then if you haven't got a very good scope that will be the next purchase.

D

The original Leica Geovids are great.. design and electronics are a bit dated but they woirk perfectly well.. the important thing is though, you are still getting top drawer glass.. £800 ish notes is a great price and gets you on the ladder.

They are all good but each one will feel different. The best thing you could do is go and have a look at each model and buy the ones that you feel the most comfortable with.

They have Munty but more so on the design and electronics side.. As technology progresses the coatings and manufacturing processes are bound to get better but the original Geovids really are not that far behind the current crop in the glass department.

All 3 top shelf brands are as good as each other, I think it all comes down to how the feel in the hand and how they work with each persons unique pair of MK1 eyeballs.

I would get a light pair of quality binos for daily use and a small Leica rangefinder to put in your pocket. Less expensive and much more practical. How frequently do you need rangefinding ? Not every minute. Rangefinding bino's are heavy to carry around the neck.
For most situations I would get a quality pair of 8x32 bino's and a Leica rangefinder.

Back