Browning X Bolt Trigger Spring.

smithp18

Hi.
I know this has been well covered before,
I was wondering since the last posts on here if anybody knows where I can find a trigger spring for a Browning X Bolt to reduce the pull tension to 2lb.
I dont want to cutting the current spring down.
Looking through previous threads it seems a common issue and currently kits or suppliers either dont stock or make no reference to X bolt regards trigger springs.

Thanks

Phil

Just sent mine to the gunsmiths and he only managed to get it to 3lb,my x bolt is an older version not the featherlite, and its still not featherlite

I took mine to the gunsmiths to try and lighten the trigger but they gave up rather than risking damaging the gun. Shame they made it so hard to sort out.

It isn't hard to sort at at all, but you will need to cut the stock spring down, or source a softer replacement.

Neil. :)

It isn't hard to sort at at all, but you will need to cut the stock spring down, or source a softer replacement.

Neil. :)

done this on 2 rifles for keepers last year and works very well, guns tested to make sure after the new springs fitted did not effect the safety of the rifle or its user,

bob.

the springs I have used are not purchased but they are ones I have found tried and tested and have worked,

an ad Neil has mentioned there seems to be no springs available for the x-bolt you will have to do the same.

misleading I think not, just trial but not error,

thanks

bob.

Back