Thread: Titan Rifles

Titan Rifles

Anyone got a Titan? Look good on paper but what's the reality? Trigger any good? Info a RUAG website is very limited.

Thanks chaps

Heavy and a nasty trigger.

People seem to like them because they are cheap new. For the same money (ish) get a CZ.

A better bet would be a quality second hand 1 owner / low use rifle.

I had a long hard look at them before buying my second Sauer 202. I felt they were very very budget built. The safety is the tang type as a shotgun, which I guess you would either love or hate. The whole ensemble just felt cheap to me, but then I have been very spoilt by the Sauer. I think the price tag tells you much of what you need to know, it was one of the cheapest new rifles on the market when I was looking. I'm sure they shoot just fine, depends on whether you like the feel and look of what you shoot, or whether it's a tool for a job.

Seen a couple that clients have had, I must admit I wasn't that impressed by the build quality, the finnish wasn't great, as a working rifle [west coast] I wouldn't imagine the blueing wouldn't stay intact for long.
    I'm not sure on price?
    I'm pretty sure thet have a single set trigger , depends whether you like that or not. Seemed accurate enough [25-06], and the lads killed deer cleanly with then, what more do you want?

Personally I'd go good second hand or Browning, CZ

Pretty much as I'd expected, thanks folks. Just considering the options for a second rifle...can't afford to be off the road this autumn. It'll probably be a Tikka but you've got to look.