Gene pools

finnbear270

Not having had any interest in ball games, (Tennis/cricket/etc), I am at a loss as to why is it always those people who follow football with such a mindless sheeplike mentality, that cannot contain their violent tendencies, even smaller venues can be subjects of this phenomena, is it a gene pool thing?:eek:

for some reason football has a tendency to bring out the worst is some people whilst a trip to our local rugby stadium win lose or draw is an experience even I leave the farm for !
I'm ashamed of the way these muppets at euro '16 are behaving complete :doh:losers .hope thier faces are spread over the news so thier families and EMPLOYERS can see what they are .
I'm sure decent folk follow football but you'd be surprised what some of the hooligans do for a living !!so I don't think its genes more a condition known as ******** syndrome !

No idea if it's in the genes or not but it happens at all stages in football. I go to a lot of kids football festitvals throughout the year. If you see drink getting brought in you can almost guarantee bad behaviour by parents. Its the minority that spoil it for the majority.

Evan at grass roots there are full retards ,my 8 year grandson plays on a Saturday for a local side and to watch some of the "adults" youd think it was the world cup final.The kids have a more grown up attitude than their dads,screaming shouting and threatening any child who dares tackle likkle Ronaldo or Rooney and the poor referee get,s threats and sometimes attacked by these morons.Bring back the stocks ,you kick off in the stocks you go with a placard around your neck telling all what a teewaat youve been,see how a weeks humiliation calms down the most aggressive dimwit

They don't get a good example from these precious Prima Donna's who call themselves professional football players. The amount of downright vicious play that goes on on the football pitch under the excuse of being 'professional' is scandalous.

A prime example was the team playing Wales last night!!

Calum

A lot of the festival organisers are handing out code of conduct cards to the spectators. These tell you how they expect you to behave and that the day is for the kids to enjoy.

They don't get a good example from these precious Prima Donna's who call themselves professional football players. The amount of downright vicious play that goes on on the football pitch under the excuse of being 'professional' is scandalous.

A prime example was the team playing Wales last night!!

Calum

+1 on that disgraceful. Bloody role models my a. se, OOPS!! Good on Wales for winning through though.....

Who in their right mind watches 22 screaming queens booting a bag of wind on a field and getting paid stupid money for doing it?

It's all led by example. The players shout back at the referees, they shout at each other, sometimes even on their own team. They cheat by pretending they have been fouled, writhing around in agony one minute then able to do scissor kicks the next. They don't have self-control in any part of their lives, which can be seen by the amount of them that get investigated for sexual assaults or rape, or who end up penniless once the big money stops in their early thirties. (Oh, who saw that coming? D'oh!)

So is it any wonder that those who follow football whilst they are young grow up to be adults that behave in the same abysmal manner?

I would also qualify that by saying that there are footballers who do have a sense of justice, restraint and social justice. It's just there are too many without those qualities.

Who in their right mind watches 22 screaming queens booting a bag of wind on a field and getting paid stupid money for doing it?

:D Willie's Tag line comes to mind..Oh wad the power etc.........

As a teenager walking past the exclusif Erskine golf club in the sixties, from a morning's wildfowling, rain running out of my waterproofs, watching the golfers teeing off and thinking who would be out hitting a wee ball in weather like this.....john

If someone offered you £200.000 (or £300.000 in Rooneys case) a week to run around booting a bag of wind on a field (screaming or not) you would turn it down??
No ... but who would?
Footballers of today are a world apart from those of the 60`s/ 70`s and the worst thing that ever happened was they flooded English football with foreign players.

I used to drive coaches for a living, and football coaches were every drivers Nemesis. Regardless of which teams supporters you were carrying, they were all loud, ignorant, thoughtless, coarse, and the majority of them were very stupid indeed. As far as my own experiences are concerned, Celtic supporters were some of the most obnoxious and unpleasant 'fans' I've ever come across in my entire life. I'm pretty sure there are many many thoroughly-decent supporters, but I'm pretty certain they must travel to matches on their own account, as every single one I've had on a coach was a complete asshole

An interesting thread.

Not just football though is it, the whole of society seems to be in trouble?

Nearly always, aggression surfaces as one perceived solution by many to any situation or problem?

Could this possibly be one direction of "evolution in action?"

Society with its law as a means of control only ever seems to punish the law abiding by adding more ineffective law?
The reason, those outside of the law care not to abide by it anyway?

Just a jaded old view.

Back