Bergara Barrels Concentricity Issues or Not

Jager SA

Hopefully the URL works.

As it has come up on a thread in a Galaxy not too far away, I thought I'd help the non believers with auterior motives out a little.

So, to help accentuate the pi$$ poor Bergara barrels and the out of line issues, I turned and nice little spindle bore bush to hold the barrel in place. I have aligned the front using my naff fisher price tooling and Disney theme DTI.

Now, this will show up any irregularities as there is no clocking in (Using my Disney DTI With Lion King Logo) at the rear of spindle...

YouTube

So in essence, to all those who have said these barrels are cheap and nasty, you need to get a life, concentrate on your own affairs and stop all the bitching. The only reason the barrels get slagged is probably because there's no mark up on them. I have fitted dozens of these barrels and they have all shot the same as any other non factory barrel.

Hopefully the URL works.

As it has come up on a thread in a Galaxy not too far away, I thought I'd help the non believers with auterior motives out a little.

So, to help accentuate the pi$$ poor Bergara barrels and the out of line issues, I turned and nice little spindle bore bush to hold the barrel in place. I have aligned the front using my naff fisher price tooling and Disney theme DTI.

Now, this will show up any irregularities as there is no clocking in (Using my Disney DTI With Lion King Logo) at the rear of spindle...

YouTube

So in essence, to all those who have said these barrels are cheap and nasty, you need to get a life, concentrate on your own affairs and stop all the bitching. The only reason the barrels get slagged is probably because there's no mark up on them. I have fitted dozens of these barrels and they have all shot the same as any other non factory barrel.
Hello Jäger, your video doesn't work for me but I have no argument with you either. Good luck with the business,keep up the good work and don't be distracted by the naysayers. john

Hello Jäger, your video doesn't work for me but I have no argument with you either. Good luck with the business,keep up the good work and don't be distracted by the naysayers. john

Thanks John, I have never had to strike up a Bergara after any work, are they perfect, no, but neither are any others that I have fitted. This includes, Pacnor, LW, Bartlein, Truflite, Border and Krieger.

Last edited:
I've got no problems with Bergaras, it's just the limited contour selection and calibre/twist rates. All the ones I've fitted have been straight and have shot very well.

Also now that we have Sassen making excellent barrels for very similar prices, made in the UK, and offering much more flexibility on configuration they tend to be my go to manufacturer. I keep other brands on the shelf for competitive shooters, and for people who specifically want X or Y brand of barrel.

I think to many people like to name call and point fingers etc, you get it in all walks of life, buts its a real pain if it effects you business.
Just ignore them James and thanks for posting an interesting video.

I've got no problems with Bergaras, it's just the limited contour selection and calibre/twist rates.............
I keep other brands on the shelf for competitive shooters, ......
Just about sums up what was said on the other thread.

It's written on the lathe, I gave it a clean so you can see it .......................... :D

Capture%20copy.jpg

Both my baguette sorry Bergara barrels are lasers one fitted by James the other by Gavin at Anglo, I POINT IT, SQUEEZE ! FALLS OVER :D nuff said

Some say these don't/won't cut the mustard at distance or in competition. Well as they can't offer more than a 28" blank that's a good reason why, however, I've fitted them to 30 Cals and 6.5s, both shoot totally consistently to 1k no issues and hold their own.

So, for all the faceless, spineless, gutless and feckless griping ladies, if you have issues with me, come and see me and tell me all about them face to face.

I had a sako barrel nipped and shortened by about 4-5"

the section that was cut off the bore was significantly out of centre at the chamber end,
noticeable to just the naked eye.
Sporter profile in .224 bore, maybe almost a mm out.
Prior to that I hadn't considered it.

It shot perfectly...still does.
have no doubt the bore snakes its way down the barrel in a lazy meandering fashion.
shoots ragged holes

if it made any real difference to accuracy or was not the norm to have some bore to OD concentricity variation no-one would get hung up on screw cutting to the bore rather than the OD

All barrels display to some degree it surely?

Back