One for one variation

musty

hi lads

in your experiance, how long does a one for one useually take? I know it probablt dependes on what area you are in but it wouls be helpful to have a rough idea. I am in Gloucestershire.

Regards steve

Wiltshire- Phoned up and got an appointment, same day.

Northern- Phoned and explained the situation, asked If I could drop it off tomorrow (Tuesday) and collect on Friday, they were happy with that.

TJ

Not quite the same, but I have a friend in Gloucestershire who has been waiting over 3 months for a shotgun certificate! I assume SGC and FAC are dealt with by the same officers and support staff.

ATB

T

Hi,

Depends on who your FEO is. They had a move round of staff and Geoff Morgan has retired. Mine took months (South Glos) but it was a house move + other issues. If it happens in a month you will be lucky.

D

Ahhhh folks it seems we are entering the new cycle of renewals and so they have an excuse to stick in in a tray on a desk and do nothing for weeks on end. I put my one for one in nearly a moonth ago and despite the boss lady saying if I wanted to changes which rifles I use just pop ina variationa dn it will be doen quickly........................................ yep she lied :rolleyes:.

Phoned them again today and yep it's still sitting in someones tray. I will speak tot eh boss of her deputy tomorrow.

I'm in Gloucestershire and would usually expect it to take about a month. I've had them come through much faster too but I think it's pretty busy at the moment. I put one in today so I'll post when I get it back.

I will let you know,
I posted mine on Saturday morning recorded delivery. i've paid a deposit on the new gun today so i hope it's not too long.
the last one was 4 days excluding the post but the one before was months. it's a lottery.
At least the firearms office phone number is on the website so i can allways ring them, it used to be impossible to get hold of anyone at licensing.

Good luck, Ezzy

Has any one had an experiance with asking for the existing rifle to be put onto a temporary ticket, this would allow me to hand inmy old rifle and collect my new one on the same day.

steve

Has any one had an experiance with asking for the existing rifle to be put onto a temporary ticket, this would allow me to hand inmy old rifle and collect my new one on the same day.

Shouldn't be any need for that. The whole purpose of a one-for-one is that you can do exactly what you are asking. Even if the transactions take place over the course of several days it shouldn't be a problem. Check out S10.51 in the HO Guidance.

They (Glos) have had my FAC in twice for one for one variations and they Lost it both times. Eventually found but still 6 weeks plus.

Well i rang again this mornign and spoke to the deputy, it seems there are busy....................:lol: and it was on a desk in a tray being ignored, whoops sorry waiting to be processed, nope ignored. As once I put things to him like one of the rifles I am getting is on a temp permit as the gentleman's FAC has run out and if it runs out they will HAVE TO ISSUE ANOTHER as it;s their incompetance that's caused it to still be needed.

like scud my FAC has been in from 26th feb for a one on one off 17hmr, the psni said last week that they are now around to processing march's applications. In one way i was lucky as i was holding off until my fac came back to add a 6.5 55 to it. I explained that i was keen to get the deer rifle through as quickly as possible and they put a hold on my one on one off and will process the two together. I was called last week to say that the land check was ok and i should get it within the week.

hopefully i get the FAC back this week as i have a pest control job for the 17hmr

keith

Back