Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grouping

Hi all just bourght a new cz .17hmr what sort of grouping should i exspect at 80 -100 yards?
    Regards buny

When new and after a really good clean I can get .75moa with Hornady 17grain. After a few hundred rounds the group opens up to about 1.5moa and requires a really deep clean to get it back again.

with the old ammo a few years ago i remember getting groupings around 1/4 of an inch at 100yrds but with the ammo there churning out now i think your going to be doing well with anything under 1-1 1/2 inches at 100 yrds

thank you for the replys how often would you deep clean?

Personally ever 100 round but I'd put a couple of patches through after 50

When I first got it I didn't clean it for 500-600 rounds and by that time I had noticible larger groups. It took a whole session of bore foam, seperate copper cleaner and bore polish to get it back to sub inch so now I stick to a decent clean every 100 to avoid accuracy dropping off and having to spend an afternoon sorting it out!

If using a moderator, check after 50/70 rounds for damp muddy smelly powder deposits, Li'L Gun powder is cruddy.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfox View Post
    Hi all just bourght a new cz .17hmr what sort of grouping should i exspect at 80 -100 yards?
    Regards buny
    Depend on how bad a shot you are. I know a couple of guys that are happy if they can keep it in the same county.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

The rifle is not the limiting factor in accuracy - it's the ammunition - and the variability of it is dreadful.

so a deep copper ciean every 100 rounds and normal clean each time i use should keep it somewhere near the mark?