Starting salary circa £25,000pa plus company car
BASC is the largest sporting shooting organisation in the UK, serving a growing membership of over 144,500 and a wide variety of stakeholder and public interests. It acts as a representative body for sporting shooting - fostering opportunity, safety, high standards and wildlife conservation.
BASC seeks a Deer Officer who will provide an informed and specialist point of contact on deer management matters.
Working within an established team, the post holder will provide advice to BASC members and others and contribute to policy development for sustainable deer management across the UK.
The successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Experience, knowledge and expertise in deer management gained through personal experience
- An enthusiasm for deer management with a desire to learn and increase knowledge of other wildlife management
- A close connection with shooting sports
- An aptitude for developing working partnerships
The position is based at the BASC Head Office near Chester and will involve travel throughout the UK.
Further information and an application form may be downloaded from our website www.basc.org.uk alternatively please contact the HR department, BASC, Marford Mill, Rossett, Wrexham, LL12 0HL. Telephone: 01244 573002. E-mail: email@example.com Please quote reference DO/07/16. The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 15/07/2016.