I'm Back

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
I'm back, sods law I sorted it five minutes after I had contacted Malc.

It was a funny do though, it started on Sunday tried to log on and could not, got the message we cannot reach this page. I tried it on my Desktop, laptop, phone and iPad but nothing. This was strange as I could get any other site I wanted to, so then began the usual business of trying to get back on. Switching off and restarting the computer, no difference, switching off the modem, no difference, restored to an earlier time, no difference. Then started the usual housekeeping tasks, clearing caches etc. good tidy up but no difference. Run out of time, had a life to lead so put to one side until Monday. Monday morning arrived tried in vain to log on, no luck. Then it was on to TALKTALK to set them loose on the problem, after a lengthy battle with a call centre deep in old Empire somewhere I made myself understood, I needed a drink then, and they are investigating.

Now I have a windows 10 machine, which I like a lot I should add, and had pinned a tile to the start screen for the site, this has been there months and always worked flawlessly. On a whim I deleted the tile and typed in the search details and here I am, my best guess is that somehow, somewhere along the line the tile had become corrupted and sat out it's dummy.

Anyway all cured now, and thanks to Malcom for his help.

John

Long story-cut short then. :) I also have windows 10 and find It good. But many others, would disagree.

I say we ban him. It would serve him right. I have all the National Chapters of the Soap Creek Prairiedog Assn agree. Even the Coroner has a thumb down.~Muir

I say we ban him. It would serve him right. I have all the National Chapters of the Soap Creek Prairiedog Assn agree. Even the Coroner has a thumb down.~Muir

How is the coroner :D, anyway I thought I was UK representative of that auspicious organisation, should I not have been included in the vote :eek:.

John

Back