Thread: A quick introduction from Steve (Hellaby)

A quick introduction from Steve (Hellaby)

Hi all, I am a qualified Paramedic still but am fortunate to have taken early retirement. Years ago I use to shoot Wood Pigeon and Rabbits with my O&U shotgun then I got into firearms and shot PP at Junction 36 Gun Club at Birdwell, Barnsley. When the amnesty removed our rights to own pistols this interest was lost and so was the passion for shooting. Then I took up archery which is a sport I still enjoy. Recent rat populations have soared in our area due to the amount of people now keeping chickens in our area. This enabled me to have an excuse to acquire an air rifle (a break barrel BSA 22) I dispatched several rats in an evening with the little springer, but then I thought I would like a pre-charged rifle and bought a BSA R10 which is a joy to use. I am now wanting to get back into the firearms target rifle scene but as yet am awaiting a space at our local gun club Mattersey, a friend who is already a member is going to ask the next time he goes, so then I can get my fire arms certificate once more and my BASC insurance. It may that I end up on a deer shoot/cull in the Highlands of Scotland?? That is my aspiration and I am sure I would love it so much I would move up there! Any how, it's nice to meet you all :-)
    Last edited by Stevethefly; 22-06-2016 at 16:57. Reason: additional info

Welcome and enjoy

Welcome to the site,

A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome to the site.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to