UK Game Fair - CANCELLED

I. Farticus

For those wondering which game fair to go to...

UK GAME FAIR CANCELS – AND BACKS THE GAME FAIR AT RAGLEY HALL After careful consideration and considering the needs of the industry, the UK Game Fair, organized... by Blaze Publishing, has taken the very difficult decision to call off the event at Stoneleigh scheduled for July.

It is clear that the industry wants and needs a single, large-scale event where their interests can be best served and that event will be The Game Fair, Ragley Hall, Warwickshire on 29-31 July 2016.

Blaze is in the process of agreeing terms with The Game Fair to honour all visitor tickets sold to date. In addition, exhibitors will also be offered placement at The Game Fair and terms and conditions for this are being drawn up with all due haste.

Wes Stanton said: “While I’m massively disappointed, I realise that this is the right decision. It is already a packed summer event calendar and having worked in this market for over 20 years I believe this is the best way forward for everyone.”

James Gower, MD of The Game Fair, stated: “It’s important that we do all we can to ensure as few people and businesses as possible are affected by this news. We are working with the Stoneleigh team to make sure we can welcome all ticket holders and exhibitors to The Game Fair at Ragley Hall this summer.”

The team will be in touch with all affected parties in the next 24-72 hours. If you need to get in touch with us before you hear from us, please email gamefair@blazepublishing.co.uk.

Thanks for the heads up me and my wife and another have booked somewhere to stay near stoneleighits nice that they gave everyone plenty of warning, some bright spark thought that one up

I have received an email about the tickets I purchased for the UK Game fair (see in bold below) and am now a little concerned as due to work I won't be able to attend the proposed replacement game fair at Ragley Hall. The email does not mention refund only replacement, hence my concern.

The ticket(s) you bought for the UK Game Fair will be replaced with tickets for the same duration for The Game Fair – you will receive an email very shortly with full details.

Has anyone else received any additional information regarding full refund for purchased tickets?

Thankfully I was able to cancel my hotel booking at no cost.

ATB 243 Stalker.

I understand the standard tickets will be honoured at the thegamefair, all other VIP type tickets need to be refunded, and new tickets purchased.

I have received an email about the tickets I purchased for the UK Game fair (see in bold below) and am now a little concerned as due to work I won't be able to attend the proposed replacement game fair at Ragley Hall. The email does not mention refund only replacement, hence my concern.Has anyone else received any additional information regarding full refund for purchased tickets?

ATB 243 Stalker.

243 Stalker's question does not appear to have been answered. The offer of entry to the Game Fair, being held one week later, is not of equal value if it is impossible for the ticket holder to get to the event. I assume the UK Game Fair organisers are legally obliged to refund ticket holders in full, although they appear to be ducking the issue.

I assume the UK Game Fair organisers are legally obliged to refund ticket holders in full, although they appear to be ducking the issue.

They'll obviously steer as many people as they can towards the Ragley Game Fair -probably a condition of the agreement between them- before they start refunding. I suspect the VIP packages require a refund-and-new-purchase because they are different in content.

Just an update, I had not received any further communication about a refund so I rang the number on the website. After a brief chat it transpires that you have to register your request for a refund, then in a couple of days you will receive a phone call regarding a refund. I was a bit perplexed as to why my credit card could not just be credited with the ticket cost there an then but was told that's the procedure.
I wonder how long I will have to wait for the call and then be credited the ticket cost, they have had my money for three months already!

Don't forget if you need a refund for your ticket/s give them a call and register, otherwise you will just receive replacement tickets for the Ragley fair.

ATB 243 Stalker.

I purchased VIP tickets for UK game fare and booked accom accordingly. Will be going to Ragley Hall Game Fare but as yet received no communication regarding replacement tickets. I have lost my original accom fee as unable to cancel and refund, spent another £140 re-booking accom. I understand I will have to purchase VIP tickets again without the discount this time.....bit peeved to say the least.

Looks like everyone who purchased tickets and can't attend the Ragley Hall fair have been well and truly stitched up by Blade publishing!!!
I thought there was something strange when they would not credit me the cost of the tickets the other week, they were just waiting to fold the company!

Does this also mean a certain magazine will stop being published as its under the Blaze publishing umbrella?

UK GAME FAIR CANCELS – AND BACKS THE GAME FAIR AT RAGLEY HALL

Visitors
Statement from the Board of Blaze Publishing Limited

Please be aware that, regretfully, the Board of Blaze Publishing Limited started the process to put the company into formal insolvency on Wednesday, 6 July.
The Board has tried to do the best it can for ticket holders in the circumstances: while VIP ticket holders will need to claim a refund (see below), standard ticket holders can use their UK Game Fair tickets for entry to The Game Fair at Ragley Hall, Warwickshire on 29-31 July 2016. Many of the exhibitors who were coming to the UK Game Fair are transferring to The Game Fair at Ragley, so this looks set to be a fantastic experience for those who wish to and can attend.
People who bought VIP tickets, or camping, or cannot attend The Game Fair at Ragley Hall or simply prefer a refund, are able to claim money spent from their card providers under the bank-supported Chargeback scheme, or in the event that it was more than £100, under Section 75 of the 1974 Consumer Credit Act.
Here is a helpful guide to the chargeback scheme:
http://www.choose.net/money/guide/features/chargeback-visa-mastercard.html

If you spent more than £100, here is a guide to Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act:
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

The Board of Blaze Publishing Limited would like to apologise for the inconvenience and distress caused, and would like to thank all those people who shared our vision for a replacement to the CLA Game Fair. We wholeheartedly support the establishment of The Game Fair at Ragley Hall, as even though we could not continue with our event, we do recognise that a single, annual, quality show is the best thing for our community.

Blaze Publishing was acquired by Future PLC in May, and have not paid a number of their contributing journalists recently ("allegedly", to cover my *rse legally, but I have this directly from one of them...).

It looks like the Air Gun Shooter will fold, but I've not seen any news on Sporting Rifle just yet.

Seems like a pretty standard acquisition where you bin the least profitable assets. It could be that Future bins ALL shooting assets, and focuses on the music side and the Game Fair was another thing that they saw no profitable return on.

These people have no intention of refunding any money for pre-paid VIP tickets. I purchased two on the 30th April paying £90. Blaze must have known that the situation was precarious at that time but still took money from the shooting community intending to visit and support the UK Game Fair. I e-mailed them as soon as they announced that the Fair was cancelled and received a reply to the effect that my request for a refund was noted and that they would be in touch. That's the last I heard from them despite repeated e-mails from me. What a despicable bunch of toe rags robbing the very community who purchase their publications and took the trouble to support their event. I am presently pursuing the issue but they appear to be in a 'hide' at the moment!

We are €240 out on flights along with £120 out on tickets for game fair lucky enough hotel was cancelled in time and returned booking fee big heads up to the Britannia Hotel Coventry very understanding and accommodating when I phoned to sort things out

it appears that Future have purchased the various titles Blaze were publishing, they did not buy Blaze itself.

Blaze has now gone into liquidation.

money back

you should be able to get your money back for tickets bought.

Its up to you if you use the tickets for the Game Fair or have the money, surely?

You have the sale of good act and I would hope most of you bought them on a Visa card where they can help get money back.

When the CLA was cancelled a few years ago trades that bought stand space on Visa type credit cards got their money back. others who paid in cash or cheque only got a % in the pound back or 40% off the next years stand.

We are just about to get a credit card for this very reason. Been ripped off once too often and need the extra protection offered.

I also contacted Blaze before the insolvency announcement and was told that my request for a refund had been noted!!!

Having looked into claiming the cost of the tickets back via my credit card, I soon realised that you are not automatically guaranteed a full refund and that any refund is discretionary.

I was very fortunate, don't ask me why but I did something I have never done before and took out the cancellation insurance (£3:49) when I booked the tickets. Processing the request was very simple and after 72 hours (over a weekend) received an email on the Monday morning confirming that claim had been approved. I got off lucky and consider myself very fortunate.

I think what Blaze has done to the shooting community is dispicable and going forward this will make me very cautious of booking any tickets in advance again.

I wish all those who are currently out of pocket the very best in recouping the cost of their tickets.

ATB 243 Stalker.

Its funny not a word from BASC how where backing the fair nor the smiling assassin, the slippery Mr Peter Carr I have looked at the current Shooting show and not a word
I for one will not be buying any more Sporting Rifle ,Blaze Publishing are just a bunch of rip of merchants and BASC not far behind

Last edited:
Back