Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lynx Release Update

Lynx Release Update

It appears that potentially now it's only sheep in Scotland and Northumberland that'll have the Lynx effect.

When will the cabbages accept there are no Lynx or Bears ,or Mammoths here for a reason ,its called evolution and common sense.The first rambler or sheep farmer attacked will be on Dr Moron,s watch.He needs to go to Colorado or somesuch and ask the farmer,s there what its like having your livestock slaughtered with no real protection as the enviroloons have had them Protected
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed

I suspect there will be a lot of cases of 'Shoot, shovel, and shut up'
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Will AOLQ stand for any other lynx quarry?

I wonder how long it will be before we are discussing what caliber of rifle is best for Lynx ?

17hmr will be fine, I reckon
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Whatever the merits or otherwise of releasing Lynx shouldn't the re-establishment of our indigenous Wildcat - Felis silvestris silvestris take priority over this ?
    Last edited by timbrayford; 23-06-2016 at 09:16.

I find it quite ironic that the chap who took the photo for the above article was/is heavily involved with Scottish Wildcat conservation and Paul O'Donaghue is heading up the Wildcat Haven organisation. Why the hell would two people who state they are passionate about the SWC and the effort to conserve our most critically endangered species........ Want to release an apex predator which will eventually come into direct contact and competition with the SWC. It is madness.

Well I have no doubt that any wild Lynx introduction will have an effect on our own Wild Cat population. A cat the size of a Lynx will make swift work of any Wild Cat within its range, along with any deer and of course domestic stock.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to

Is there not a massive fall out between the rival SWC 'factions' ?

Pretty sure wild cat haven are trying to encourage people into wild cat habitat an make money out of it, but really not good for the wildcats themselves.

It does seem very strange something that will compete for food and actually predate wild cats when so rare.