Bye, bye Honest Dave!

FrenchieBoy

Just heard that "Honest Dave" has resigned! To be honest I don't think that he had any other option!
Being as he resigned from his job does that mean that he will not qualify for Job Seekers Allowance!:rofl:

Is he taking the rest of the Bullingdon Boys with him?

And will they smash the place up before they leave?

Is he taking the rest of the Bullingdon Boys with him?

And will they smash the place up before they leave?

You never know, he might well be another Burnley Dave! Better check the doors ion number 10 when he hands the keys over!:rofl:

Cameron. Couldn't discipline his party. So promised a Referendum he didn't think he'd have to deliver on. And now has eventuated the potential break up of the United Kingdom.

But he has at least, because of his ineptitude, achieved the acme of being the worst Prime Minister we have ever had surpassing even Neville Chamberlain.

But he has at least, because of his ineptitude, achieved the acme of being the worst Prime Minister we have ever had surpassing even Neville Chamberlain.

I thought he was quite Churchillian in his actions - well at least he followed Churchill's maxim and fed the crocodile. ;)

Yes. Like Churchill and Gallipoli.

Mark this, as his February "deal" is now off the table, the next two years (when we have to fully comply with EU Rules) will see massive immigration into the UK from Eastern Europe. On a scale you would not even believe.

And all because he didn't have the balls to discipline his party.

Should there be others to also follow "Honest Dave's" example in resigning?
How about our beloved Chancellor? He came out with all of the scare mongering rubbish about an emergency budget (A punishment budget) if we voted to exit from the EU. Well now we have voted to come out of the EU he should either deliver on his warning or follow "Honest Dave's" example and resign too! - Let's face it, they have both been as bad as each other and shown that you can't believe a word that comes out of their mouths!

Cameron. Couldn't discipline his party. So promised a Referendum he didn't think he'd have to deliver on. And now has eventuated the potential break up of the United Kingdom.

Gordon Brown? Teflon Tony Blair?
Tusker

Tony Blair..gave us IS..or the seeds of it...

Gordon Brown...stole my pension....

But neither has eventuated, as Cameron has now done, the break up of the United Kingdom...

Wouldn't I love to be a "fly on the wall" at Buckingham Palace when he meets the Queen...

Tell you what? If nothing else we'll all get a bloody good laugh at the sight of Trump and Boris on a global political stage. It'll be just like Waldorf and Statler . . . . . .

People who think this precipitated the break up of the UK miss the point that the real driver was Blair's devolution setup which was demonstrably unfair and not thought through.

David.

People who think this precipitated the break up of the UK miss the point that the real driver was Blair's devolution setup which was demonstrably unfair and not thought through.

David.

Correct...

However, anyone who believes, in the event of another referendum, those who voted remain, yesterday in Scotland, would vote for independance, need a reality check......especially with sturgeon in charge....just won't happen.

Correct...

However, anyone who believes, in the event of another referendum, those who voted remain, yesterday in Scotland, would vote for independance, need a reality check......especially with sturgeon in charge....just won't happen.

I hope you're right.

just won't happen

It can't happen. At least not without Westminster granting us to a mandate to do so. And that's never going to happen, regardless of what the SNP manifesto may claim it wants. And in any case, why on earth would the SNP really want Scottish Independence? That would open the floodgates for political competition in Scotland, the very last thing that a single-party government would want to see

https://vimeo.com/171632386
I recently didn't think I'd ever agree with Jim Sillars, but in recent weeks I have, twice! He explains in the short clip above how Elsie has been deceiving the people of Scotland. I suspect that there's a bit of personal animosity there.

Last edited:
Just heard that "Honest Dave" has resigned! To be honest I don't think that he had any other option!
Being as he resigned from his job does that mean that he will not qualify for Job Seekers Allowance!:rofl:

I think he should have stayed, he was the one that gave the public a referendum, it should be his job as PM to start the process of exiting the EU. Now what we have is a party in power without an elected leader. I can see a general election looming once the conservatives have decided who their new leader is.

Funny Frenchieboy, He won't qualify for the personal protection anymore now that he is not PM. He will do the circuits of public speaking and have no need for JSA. Maybe he will have more time to do clay shoots now.

"I love this country" - 'thats why I am walking away at a time of uncertainty when stability is paramount, when I should stay and help, although I have been asked to stay on - why should I ******* care.
Hardly the view of a great statesman and one that seals his 'legacy'.

On the other hand if it was you .... & you were passionate remain I can see his view , feelings , point ....
" ok got what you wanted ... It's going to be a cluster sorting it out .... I'm off you f' ing deal with it "

Probably my reaction as well

Paul

Back