hi from suffolk

hi all,
a quick hello. I am intersted in shooting generally (12g, .22 and .17hmr) mainly vermin. have just got some new permissions with a few deer on mainly roe and muntjac. I know the calibres aren't suitable before someone shoots me down (pardon the pun). thought i would join and get some ideas and tips before seeing if it's worth putting in a variation. I'll be reading a lot but probably wont post much initially until i've learnt a bit or i've got some questions. I'm based in mildenhall in suffolk on the edge of thetford forest.

Thanks

malcolm

You're not wrong. I had 3 reds feeding at the side of the road about 400yds from the house yesterday. unfortunately they were on land owned by elveden estate. (I rent a house on the estate). Munties and roe are REGULAR vistors to the land at the back of the house. I feel a variation coming on!

Welcome :)
Reds in Suffolk, the second time I have read that this evening, I had no idea they existed this far south.
From that you can probably tell I know nothing about deer, well other than I like eating them.
I have just got my first CF rifle, a .223 and have Muntjack and Chinese Water Deer as a condition.
Trouble is I have no land with either species to shoot over, presently hoping that Muntjack find their way to my (only) shoot PDQ :rolleyes:

Neil. :)

Malc, thanks for that, I'm coming up as far as Thetford next month, I'll keep my eyes open.

Neil. :)

Back