Selling Venison?

karlbird

Looked through a few old threads and I cannot quite find what I am looking for.

If I have a spare carcass or 2, can I legally sell direct to a local pub skinned and ready, probably just a few whole haunches? It won't be many and I remember reading about hunters selling direct in small quantities but as with all things like this there seems to be lots of rules and regs, often contradicting each other. I don't have a larder facility approved by the council and don't want to go down that line.

Also, what would be the 'going' price for a whole roe haunch - I assume doing this will get a better price than the whole carcass through a game dealer.

Obviously I could just do it, but I find it pays to know the rules before you break the rules...

karl, if you're not a food business that is approved by the council, you can't sell venison to anyone!

Bugger. Either something has changed or there are a lot of people out there ignoring the law and selling direct.

Thanks guys, I'll look in to it. Not sure my garage and carpeted floor will cut it but I guess they will soon tell me.

As for the second part of my question, can anyone please give me an idea of what they get for venison, when not selling full carcasses in the fur?

So who has managed to get registered as a food business if you haven't got a larder and use the family bus for transport as most recreational stalkers do? Surely a LA will just laugh at it.

I am suprised how often this question still comes up! Also suprised how many people out there are selling venison outside of current legislation. Those doing the buying surely shoulder some of the blame but sadly that wouldnt help your defence if YOU ended up on the wrong side of the law as a result. Get qualified....get registered and keep up with the latest laws gents

can you not swap venison for wine and a meal out with the wife or beer free for a month or is that to old school

So who has managed to get registered as a food business if you haven't got a larder and use the family bus for transport as most recreational stalkers do? Surely a LA will just laugh at it.
A 'recreational' stalker doesn't sell venison,by definition a 'professional' does.

Back