Napier Apex Auto Click system Any Good?

Lucky Sniper

As title says, looking at getting one to leave in vehicle. Will be used for skinning in Field. Anyone used one, are they any good

I was given one as a Christmas present. To be honest, it's spent months in the car and been used once. This isn't because it's a poor piece of kit, it's because it's not always possible to get the vehicle close to the site of a grassed beast on our ground, and as my mileage and white hair racks up, I'm not keen to carry/drag the full weight of the beast close enough to the vehicle just so I can use the Napier..... What we use much more (sorry Napier...) is a short bit of rope with a couple of eyes spliced in it and a tiny ratchet load binder (a few quid from Aldi if memory serves) - the rope goes round the nearest tree or branch and the deer can be hoisted up for a vertical gralloch with just a gambrel. Works just fine.

I was given one as a Christmas present. To be honest, it's spent months in the car and been used once. This isn't because it's a poor piece of kit, it's because it's not always possible to get the vehicle close to the site of a grassed beast on our ground, and as my mileage and white hair racks up, I'm not keen to carry/drag the full weight of the beast close enough to the vehicle just so I can use the Napier..... What we use much more (sorry Napier...) is a short bit of rope with a couple of eyes spliced in it and a tiny ratchet load binder (a few quid from Aldi if memory serves) - the rope goes round the nearest tree or branch and the deer can be hoisted up for a vertical gralloch with just a gambrel. Works just fine.
+1 I got my lady to sew up an old luggage strap onto two D rings that I had laying around and bob is now my parents brother. I have a belt with a bag the basics in it in the car and just walk back to collect it if I connect.

Have one and shoot mostly on flat arable. No trees so the ability to do a gralloch and skin, butcher then quarter and put into an electric cool box is good. Only way I can manage a Roe in summer. For me it's more for the skinning and butchering. In Winter I take carcass home to then do the same and then get it into the freezer.

If the only high point you have is the back of your SUV then it's a functional and useful bit of kit to keep in it.

Stan

Back