Thread: New to Stalking

New to Stalking

Hi Guys,
    New to the sport and looking for a bit of advice and info. In 2 minds about a scope for my .243 for foxing and roe shooting. Torn between Zeiss Conquest 5x25x50 and S&B 8x56 Klassik Hungarian. Opinions-advice please. I stay in Fife and have heard that someone in my area makes good Roe Sacks. Any help with Name contact number, price and experience with the product would be much appreciated.

Either of the scopes would be fine just remember most of your stalking will be on around 6 to 8 power I have a conquest on my 22/250 and it is mostly on 8 power but it is handy at times to increas power its all down to price and personal prefference, as for the roe sack ive been shooting for years and never used one again personal prefference

Huge difference between the two scopes that you mention. If you're a fox shooter and hill stalker I would suspect that you will want more than x8 mag?

Cnquest 3-12 x50? A bit more suited to general stalking, but got a bit more mag than the 8x?

Depends on the type of shooting if a 3-12 or 5-25 conquest. Especially if the 5-25 comes with target turrets. In comparison the 8x56 is just too limited.
    I have been stalking and fox shooting for several years with the older 6.5-20x50 conquest and think the 5-25 would be my choice. By the way I never have my scope on 8 mag. Walk with lowest mag and shoot with the highest mostly. Shot deer from 4m to over 400m with 6.5-20.

Thanks for your responses and advice. After taking it all in I've had a look at what's for sale on this website with Conquest and Diavari's which seem good value so I may get some more info from the guys concerned.