Euro optic any one?

Will probably not be worth the trouble, as an American company they are handcuffed by the ITAR regulations, so forget anything with a mil dot reticule or over 9X magnification (IIRC). Which is a pity as they usually have some good kit at reasonable prices.

Will probably not be worth the trouble, as an American company they are handcuffed by the ITAR regulations, so forget anything with a mil dot reticule or over 9X magnification (IIRC). Which is a pity as they usually have some good kit at reasonable prices.

Ok, people. Their name may be Euro optics but they sell a wide range of paraphernalia aside from their titles suggestion of it being optics. They are American too..... So let's move away from the European and Optical issues, if anyone has had any experience with them, as I asked in the original post..... That is what I'm after....

Yes I've bought several things over the years from them. Such as second hand scopes, mounts, blaser kit. They are fantastic to deal with. Probably one of the best in the world and great prices. He will export guns, barrels etc if you want to go to the trouble but thermal scope and gen 3 night vision he won't.

Every tried getting a UK company to ship thermal gear to Australia, they quote ITAR as well lol!

Yes I've bought several things over the years from them. Such as second hand scopes, mounts, blaser kit. They are fantastic to deal with. Probably one of the best in the world and great prices. He will export guns, barrels etc if you want to go to the trouble but thermal scope and gen 3 night vision he won't.

Thanks, at last someone who's actually used them! Appreciate your comments, thank you

The shipping prices are very reasonable but import taxes are your responsibility. UK/Oz customs may or may not withhold them until you pay. Some I have and some just came through.

Thanks, at last someone who's actually used them! Appreciate your comments, thank you

I got an Aimpoint off them a few years ago. Picked it up at the SCI Show in Vegas and handed over cash. Gave me back $50. Knowing that I wasn't buying anything more off them they still spent time showing other product they had.

Stan

Has anyone had any experience of buying from them, and is import tax a lot? Anyone got any advice?

I bought a Meopta scope of them about six or seven years ago. Absolutely first rate service, the guy even phoned me up to ensure that everything was O.K.

This is all good to hear.... Import tax will be my biggest bug bear....! (And the current exchange rate of course...) I think I'll wait and see what happens to the £/$ situation....

Well when the guru there at E Optic quoted me $60 USD to freight a Swarovski Doubler a package about the size of two hens eggs in a box, I bucked and kicked..he basically said thats how it goes.
I told him I was getting five pound (weight) pairs of boots from Cabelas for $20.

He wouldnt budge either...fark him!

They are actually quite expensive on a lot of their items if you bother checking.

Has anyone had any experience of buying from them, and is import tax a lot? Anyone got any advice?

Hi there,Yes I bought a swaro off them a few years back. It was cheaper than over here but when Customs opened the parcel to check it out, I suspect the lens cover received a nice scratch from them,then when VAT and import Tax was levied and Post office costs were added in I wish I had not bothered. An expensive lesson learned there.
At the time Bushwear worked out cheaper and the scope would have arrived within a couple of days tops.

They are actually quite expensive on a lot of their items if you bother checking.

In my case the Meopta scope was much cheaper than a similar scope purchased in the U.K. even after import duties and taxes. I just couldn't figure out how a scope made in Europe can be exported to the U.S. and then re-exported to the U.K. and still be cheaper than one imported directly from the Czech republic.

Back