Summit Stalker High Seat

Just purchased one, shooting bar far to low!

Though i'd share some photos for any other members who have one but haven't yet adapted it. Very easy fix.

IMG_3529.JPGIMG_3530.JPGIMG_3544.JPG

Cheers

Though i'd share some photos for any other members who have one but haven't yet adapted it. Very easy fix.

View attachment 71604View attachment 71605View attachment 71606

Cheers
I helped a friend move one last weekend, don't know if it was a summit but it certainly looked like one from your pictures. Have been in various similar seats over the years and they all seem to have the same issues. Get some 2x2 make three little oblong frames, screw the two side sections to the front and attach all round with a liberal amount of good quality zip ties to the original bar and that should cure it. That is if the shooting rail is up to that in the first place and not the flimsy bendy types.

Last edited:

Cheers
Brilliant!! I’ve just got one and put it up and was trying to think of a good way to raise the rail,this is a great easy way! Cheers

Brilliant!! I’ve just got one and put it up and was trying to think of a good way to raise the rail,this is a great easy way! Cheers
Morning Glynn ;)
You'd better post an introduction mate, or admin will be down on you!

Last edited:
The 'HSF Summit' high seat shooting bar is in the perfect position if your general direction of shooting is downhill... but yes, it is too low for horizontal or uphill shots. So in my view there is no ideal shooting bar hight on any high seat, it all depends.
Btw the 'Summit' can be easily improved, made safer and more rigid by adding two 12' lengths of 2x2" or 3x3" treated timber at the back of the ladder and securing it with duct tape (I use Gorilla Tape). Add a padded seat and some pipe insulation foam on the shooting bar and it becomes almost a good product.

I have undertaken very similar but welded with a TIG. A word of caution, as the seat is Chinese in origin I believe, not all the TIG welds are in the right place or fully formed and the metal is not that thick, I ended up re welding mine, plus repainting with Hammerite, the final fix was squirting all the inside tubes with Waxoil ( classic car underseal). Having undertaken these fixes I have several that have been up for over 3 seasons with very little signs of rust, the one that I left original and untouched has fallen to bits after 2 years.

I have undertaken very similar but welded with a TIG. A word of caution, as the seat is Chinese in origin I believe, not all the TIG welds are in the right place or fully formed and the metal is not that thick, I ended up re welding mine, plus repainting with Hammerite, the final fix was squirting all the inside tubes with Waxoil ( classic car underseal). Having undertaken these fixes I have several that have been up for over 3 seasons with very little signs of rust, the one that I left original and untouched has fallen to bits after 2 years.
They seem to be pretty variable. Like you, I have had to re-weld a couple (tricky, with the metal being so thin), but I have others that have been up for years and stayed sound.
I know they're pretty rubbishy, but at that price you can't complain. Not worth spending more if they're for going on short-term leases.

They seem to be pretty variable. Like you, I have had to re-weld a couple (tricky, with the metal being so thin), but I have others that have been up for years and stayed sound.
I know they're pretty rubbishy, but at that price you can't complain. Not worth spending more if they're for going on short-term leases.
True, it's a coin toss between price and longevity. I think for short term or if you are prepared to reweld and repaint they are a fair price. For longer term on site its maybe better to buy a better product. As always horses for courses.

View attachment 71604View attachment 71605View attachment 71606

Cheers

Quick fix well done, I remade the whole front rail with 3/4 of a hoop of 1" tube, added 6" to the height.
My single free stander I had to dig it in on very uneven ground so lost front rail height. I have a piece made to take the next time I use it.

Tim.243

I had a couple of similar make and have always attached a 12' length of treated 2x2 to the uprights.
I have found the front rail good enough for me but have always put pipe insulation all round and, just a thought, for those that want it higher, could you not just lower the side rails where it joins the back ?

I bought some Summit high seats from A1 and was not impressed, I then bought their own named brand and they are much better, even got a padded seat, just about to order four more, will still have to heighten the bar though.
Steve

Bought the drilled bar, stainless M6 nuts bolts and washers from "tool station" enough to do 5 seats. Under £17.
I'm going to wrap with insulation and tape as it's easy to snag clothes.
RESULT.
Thanks for the tip.
Steve.

Does anyone know what is the difference between the HSF Summit Stalker high seat "Generation II" and the previous version (assuming that at some point there was a "Generation I" version)…???
Do they come completed with the "mesh basket" and a ratchet strap?
So far, no one was able to give me a clear answer in plain English... :(

Does anyone know what is the difference between the HSF Summit Stalker high seat "Generation II" and the previous version (assuming that at some point there was a "Generation I" version)…???
Do they come completed with the "mesh
basket" and a ratchet strap?

The early one's had a wooden seat, plastic moulded one's are luxury, always had a mesh basket
So far, no one was able to give me a clear answer in plain English... :(

Do they come completed with the "mesh
basket" and a ratchet strap?

The early one's had a wooden seat, plastic moulded one's are luxury, always had a mesh basket

Many thanks B&W! Your answer is very much appreciated! Thanks to you now I know what to expect when I will order one. :)

Back