Howa 1500 25-06

mel

Anybody had experience with Howa 1500 rifles in 25-06 calibre?

I'm in the market for a new stalking rifle but can't see the point in spending big bucks on something else if these rifles do the job as well as some of the reviews on the web seem to make out.

If it groups well, that will do me.

It's all I ever use! Shot hundreds of deer with it, all six species including lowland red stags. Hogue stock is great. Changed my trigger for a riflebasix cos I broke the Howa one fiddling with it!:oops:
Groups better than many expensive rifles too! I'd get a stainless though as blued ones seem prone to rust.
Excellent value for money!
MS:)

It's all I ever use! Shot hundreds of deer with it, all six species including lowland red stags. Hogue stock is great. Changed my trigger for a riflebasix cos I broke the Howa one fiddling with it!:oops:
Groups better than many expensive rifles too! I'd get a stainless though as blued ones seem prone to rust.
Excellent value for money!
MS:)

You could cure the rust problem if you had it Duracoated!:stir:

Anybody had experience with Howa 1500 rifles in 25-06 calibre?

I'm in the market for a new stalking rifle but can't see the point in spending big bucks on something else if these rifles do the job as well as some of the reviews on the web seem to make out.

If it groups well, that will do me.

Do yourself a favour and buy the weatherby in the classifieds, i own a Howa and its a lovely rifle but the Weatherbys a bargain.

There's a new Tikka M695 25.06 advertised on the Mark Hazel's Gunroom website, which would have been worth considering. The only trouble is that the price has just been revised from £795 to....£1295! Which must a) be an example of hyper-inflation and b) make the Howa look even better value.

Back