Who is using the Aimpoint H30S or L for Stalking?

mchughcb

A cheap H30L has come up and I won't have the chance to view it before purchase. Anybody using this optic on their guns and if so how do you find it, in particular if you have use the 9000 series how does it compare?
thanks chuck

I use the Aimpoint Hunter S34.
The difference between the 'long' and 'short' Aimpoint Hunter is purely cosmetic.
Obviously the '30' has a smaller objective than the '34' (mm)
I can't compare it to the '9000' series but my understanding is that the technology used in the various Aimpoint red dot sights is basically the same.

Great for use on a Scout rifle (light, short, pointable, ching-sling) and for driven game.
Great for use in dense cover where shots are typically close-in (30-60 yards)
Much quicker to deploy than a more traditional rifle scope, both eyes open instinctive shooting, no parallax issues.
Holds its zero very well

Not so great for twilight conditions, or for long-distance shots (over 100 Yards)

Thanks. I've got two Micros. I'm going to hold back until I can see one at the range tomorrow and compare as another cheap one may have come up.

I compared a H30S with my H2 Micro and I really couldn't see much of a difference except the Micro was half the weight. I'll stick with the Micro.

Back