Stalking knife

PAULT

Looking for a decent stalking knife any ideas like the look of brocknives neck knife also andy martlands 039 .

Richard eadon (dougster on here) was selling some a while ago , his design is in my opinion just about perfect for uk deer !

i bought a boar knife from the bushcraft store, its a very easy to sharpen due to its scandi grind feels good in the hand and is very well made as is the leather sheath they do a few differnt models and two differnt steel types and differnt scales all in all im very happy with mine

have you seen the Boker Tree brand line? they seem to be well made and have a style to suit most tastes.

Looking for a decent stalking knife any ideas like the look of brocknives neck knife also andy martlands 039 .

Those Martland Knives are very nice. I like the look of the 039 but for me the blade is a little to broad. If i was in the market for a new knife, Martland would be high on the list

alan wood pro stalker done munty to red with it made to last and only ever strop it to resharpen these are made for deer not BUSHCRAFT
Norma

Emberleaf do some interesting knives - and will 'adjust' one of their regular offerings to your needs/requirements.
I had a Cael? (not too wide and a tad longer) tweeked and found them very helpful.

Last edited:
ENZO Trapper is very, very good. Keeps an edge like you won't believe and sturdy enough to do almost any job. Have had to butcher hinds in the field and carry out on occasion. blade at the end was as sharp as when I started.

Mora clipper companion knife in stainless,hold a good edge easy to sharpen and very reasonably priced. So if if you lose it ,it is not the end of the world.

I also use an EKA swingblade. Fantastic tool keeps an edge like no others I've used and the swing blade feature is great for unzipping

Can't get better than a Mercator. Issued to NZ deer cullers who would have skinned and gutted 1000's of deer a year.
Only costs a small amount. More of a Skoda than Rolls Royce but will instantly tell observers that the user is a man if experience.

Back