Red Stags in scotland, can you recommend me an agent/estate?

groach1234

Well i am hoping i can get a little help of you knowledgeable few on this as i would like to hear from someone with actual first hand experience with a sporting agent/estate rather than trawling though pages of google and not being able to ask people actually have experience.

Back to the point, Me and my dad have always wanted to go stalking stags in scotland (or indeed northumbria/the borders) and was wondering if any of you can recommend me an estate or sporting agent based in the borders or around the perth/fife area for some red stalking. Also to get some 'proper' hill type stalking is it likely we would have to look further north for this?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

George

George,

You won't find any Reds in Fife, you have to go north of Perth before you come across any.

You get plenty hill in Perthshire and some big beasties. Woodland stags in Cowal and Kintyre.

PM sent with recommendations

Thanks for all your advice and the helpful PMs i thought you may be interested to know we are booked in for a week on an estate property from the 7th to the 14ht of august with Pete and the aim is to get 2 or 3 beasts each. Really looking forward to it all and you will get a nice long write up when its done.

George

http://www.sportinglets.co.uk/

Or just type in Stalking availability into Google and have a look at the estates that come up

I have stalked in Speyside, Deeside, West Coast and Caithness and all were great and all were different.

You could always have a go at Hinds on Balmoral Estate. They dont let Stags but do let hinds. Ponies to take home the beasts also. So there you go, step on the hallowed royal turf! And it is a beautiful estate

your forgetting dumfries & galloway mj robson, you get the biggest stags round here, :stag:

I did speak to mark about a year ago about the potential of some bucks with him but alas he seems to have a very steady client base who get first refusal on the next season a little like dead mens shoes.

George

Calmac,
Sorry I was replying to George's initial request about stags around Fife/Perth. I do believe there are big stags further south from us around your neck of the woods. :thumb:

George,
I do get the odd space but they tend to be a good few months away.

Cheers,
Mark.

Calmac,
Sorry I was replying to George's initial request about stags around Fife/Perth. I do believe there are big stags further south from us around your neck of the woods. :thumb:

George,
I do get the odd space but they tend to be a good few months away.

Cheers,
Mark.

Don't worry mark i will wait for the time when it is convenient for me and you have a spaces. I wouldn't mind waiting a year or two if it meant getting on some of the bucks that you have up your way. If ever i am after a trophy roe treat as a treat it would be you i spoke to but to be honest i don't think i am there yet i haven't even shot a 6 pointer yet but its working up in stages :cool:.

George

George,

You won't find any Reds in Fife, you have to go north of Perth before you come across any.
Rubbish! There are loads of them in Galloway.:rofl:
& no, you don't really need to go further north than Galloway to find some proper hill stalking, although, it has to be said, there is wonderful stalking to be had north of Perth across the Rannoch moor & on up to Sutherland areas.
There's also good areas for Red & Sika around Argyll.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Back