5:11 boots..?

I had a pair of their zip sided boots a few years back and apart from my dear wife's guffaws, they were very comfortable and wore well. Daily use for two years before the rand started to give up and the Coyote colour going grey!

I'm torn between them and meindl desert fox....

Get the Desert Fox.. had 5.11 boots in the past and whilst perfectly comfy, the Desert fox are in a different league build/quality/durability wise... on my second pair now (only cos I wanted the new MOD brown colour) and wouldn't have any other hot climate boot..

Get the Desert Fox.. had 5.11 boots in the past and whilst perfectly comfy, the Desert fox are in a different league build/quality/durability wise... on my second pair now (only cos I wanted the new MOD brown colour) and wouldn't have any other hot climate boot..

that was my suspicion... Thank you.. I'll see what I can try in locally too for fit but I know meindl well so sure I won't have problems

The only thing I would say is that the Desert Fox boot is not in the least bit water resistant. Dew goes straight through, splash of tea on mine went straight through! Love them but if you are going to use them here in the UK it's worth knowing.

I bought some CK (carp Kinetics) boots last winter as they were just over £20 per pair.
I did this more of an experiment as my leather walking boots had seen better days and I quite often had wet feet.
I must say they have been well worth the money (what money-20 notes).
Sports Direct were selling these off and I got a further few pairs via their Ebay outlet.
I have had dry feet all the time.
For winter use they are good in that they have "Thinsulate" insulation.
Perfect for stalking over arable fields etc

I had /have the first pair of Atac 511 8" that were at the CLA when they first came out in the UK, i still use them as they are like gloves ,still very nice to wear but sadly now the lower part at the zip is slightly letting in water ,but on dry days I can use them without feeling i'v had dive boots on .

Back