Optilock Recoil Pin

alphaburner

Hi All,
Need some help and hopefully I'll get the answer here. I've managed to lose the recoil pin that fits to the base of Optilock mounts. Does anyone know where I can source a replacement please?

Cheers AB

Unfortunately I've already tried them. I believe they used stock them but not available now. Sorry should have said that in first post.
I don't have any of my optillocs off at the moment to measure. If you can't get hold of one, send me accurate dimensions, i'll make you one and post it to you and avoid another 6 page thread....:D No charge to a fellow celt..

Old 4mm drill bit, some fine fine gritpaper and a file should do you
spin the end down to size and cut/file to length

Yeah. Just found a kit for sale in the US which gave measurements as 4x12mm and 4x10mm. I'll bring it into work tomorrow and confirm exact size. My real concern now is whether its a Tikka or Sako set, that I have. As from the photos it appears the Tikka is tapered slightly and fluted similar to a Torx bit. We have 4mm stainless screws here with an unthreaded section which may be perfect.

http://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/S59RS300

Thanks for all the advice and offers of help so far, It's much appreciated.

Old 4mm drill bit, some fine fine gritpaper and a file should do you
spin the end down to size and cut/file to length

Yes its what you would if you did not have machining facilities or a stock of 4mm dowling.
My drills are made from HSS or better, not Chinese :D.So get your grinder out bewsher....Anyway there are two ready to post, just to be cut to length.
We don't mess about in the highlands, took all of 10 mins.

Back