Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I wish I'd never BOUGHT that

I wish I'd never BOUGHT that

Ok , liking the other thread stating which rifle you wish you never sold

So let's see .....which item you wish you never BOUGHT .

Not just rifle , could be anything deer stalking equipment related from vehicle to knife to rifle to bullets

Please no digs slagging at anyone in particular let's keep it funny / casual

I'll go first

Modern made Butler creeks !! Guaranteed to break first outing
    Won't touch them again , pity as older ones were cracking

2. #2 dog when she won't do a bloody thing she's told.....

(Only joking! Wouldn't swap her for a gold pig!)
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

... some Butler creeks as well....but they lasted 2 trips, not one!
    A set of trigger sticks from a well know manufacturer because I was too impatient to wait for some wooden quad-sticks...they were noisy when deployed, 'clinked' on anything at any opportunity, a tad heavy and eventually completely ceased up beyond repair after a few wet outings (my fault for not maintaining, but still...)
    A super-cheap pair of Mil-surp desert boots for stalking in the sandy Norfolk soil. Spent a week slathering them with mink oil to waterproof them and even put an insole in but they leaked each morning in the dew and killed my feet.
    A massive plastic orange handled scandi knife, because, again, I was too impatient to wait for/look for something better.

Lesson for me: work out what you really want and wait for it.

I have since replaced the knife, sticks, boots and scope covers at additional expense over the years...

a Renault 5 Alpina turbo 2 in 1983.

left hand drive and the fastes car I have even driven on the public roads, nearly cost me my army carrier when posted to lulworth and then to Tidworth, but that's another story.

miss it more than I like to admit.......boy racer and a great bird pulling machine,

WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

two discoverys , a 110 defender and a range rover , all shockingly unreliable ! backed up (or rather not) by the most useless service I have ever encountered!

never again , anyone want to buy a range rover or swap it for a proper off roader like a landcruiser V8 ?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

I Wish i had never bought that

My first wedding ring!!!!!

Browning T-bolt.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Sold my house years ago and emmigrated to USA

Was convinced by some spiv to buy e type jags 'cheap' in USA to b exported for the EU market

Purchases coincided with crash of 90's

Started with 130,000 and finished up several years later with 28,000

Lesson learned - greed and stupidity are a poor mix

montego turbo british racing green with full bodywork kit the joyriders had it more than we did o but it was a lovely car

Morris 1300 GT,fast as a slug,new clutch,brakes ,welding ,dynamo .Might as well have given my bank details to Mr Nkomo of the Nigerian lottery winners fame
    she buys shoes i buy ,shooting,she stops buying shoes,il be amazed